Principal's Corner #9
Thank you for an amazing start to the 2018-19 school year. This sounds so cliche, but it's hard to believe that next week is Fall Break. It seems like just yesterday, Ashley and I were flipping waffles during work week. As I shared during work week, change brings on a lot of emotions; excitement, anger, frusteration, uncertainty, happiness, indifference etc. Regardless of the emotion you associate with change, I hope you can remember the quote I shared "Change is an opportunity to do something amazing." Together we can do something amazing!
I want to take this opportunity to thank you. Thank you for your dedication to our students and the work you do as educators. Thank you for your committment to doing something amazing for every student, every day. Over this Fall Break, please take time to take a break. Take time to be present with your family and friends. Take time to take care of you. Take time to reflect. Take time to try something new. Patriots (10/21 Win)
I came across this as I was reading one evening, and it was too good not to share "We all need to take a break sometimes. Oddly, though, many people leave their vacation time unused. Whether you take a vacation, a staycation, or a play-cation, it's important to take a break from the job, the routine, and the demands of life in order to keep stress levels in check. When we take a break, we're not shirking responsibility; we're taking care of ourselves so we'll have the stamina to be our best." We are fortunate that we work in a career field that schedules these breaks for us, so take a break.
New Mandatory Reporting Table Tents
There will be new Mandatory Reporting table tents in your boxes on Monday. Please throw out the old ones. The new ones have correct phone numbers!
Cottonwood School Accountability Committee
If you are interested in being a member of the COT SAC, please complete this google form
no later than the end of the day today. We are required to have at least one teacher on our School Accountabilty Committee, however, I hope to have more than one. Thank you.
3rd-5th Grade Teachers
Don't forget to see Sarah to schedule a block of time to administer the CCSD Climate, Safety and Wellness Survey. The window for administration is November 1st through December 7th.
- Monday, October 8: IOWA Testing Starts 1:30
- Tuesday, October 9: Elementary Literacy PD in the library 3:00-3:40
- Wednesday, October 10: Bike, Walk and Scott to School Day
- Wednesday, October 10: No Staff meeting/No Committee Time - Cardboard Challenge
- Monday, October 15-19: Fall Break
- Wednesday, October 31: Character Dress Up Day
- Monday, November 5-9: Conference Week
Friday: 7:30-4:00 (No School)
- Wednesday, November 21: Non-Contact Day
- Thursday, November 22-23: No School, Thanksgiving Break
- Thursday, December 6: School Spelling Bee
- Monday, December 24-January 4: No School, Winter Break
- Monday, January 7: Non-Contact Day
- Monday, January 7, 8:00-12:00: Emergenetics is coming to COT