By: Alexis Wagner
Here are some interesting facts about Hawaii.
- Hawaii is located in the Pacific Ocean.
- It is known for it landforms, animals, and it's Aloha spirit.
- Hawaii's nickname is Aloha State
- Its the only US state with a tropical rain forest
- Hawaii is the only Us state made up entirely from islands. 132 islands to be exact.
- From east to west, Hawaii is the second widest state (with 1,523mi. across)
- Its only U.S. state that grows coffee, cocoa, and vanilla beans.
- Hawaii gets bigger each year by about 42 acres each year from the eruption of Kilauea Volcano
- the word Hawaii means 'place of the gods' or 'homeland'
- Hawaii is the eight smallest state
I would be staying at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. This resort is close to the Waikiki Beach and the Diamond Head Crater, Wet n' Wild Hawaii and loads more!
Clothes wise, I would be taking bathing suits, nice shirts, jeans, and lots of shoes. Accessory wise, I would be packing my make-up, Beach towels, sunscreen, all of my electronics.
- My hotel would cost $251.10 per night, and I'll will be staying for 14 nights. So that equals $3,515.4 for 2 weeks
- For food, Hawaiian dinners costs about $35-$100
- I will be traveling by plane.
- My airplane tickets would cost $5,520 for 5 people on United Airlines
- Gas in Hawaii is priced from $2.80-$3.12 per gallon
- Fischer, John. "Hawaiian Culture, History and Language." Go Hawaii. About, 2015. Web. 29 May 2015.
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa." Marriott. Marriott Internatinal, 2015. Web. 29 May 2015.
- Waikiki Beach Marriott & Spa. Digital image. Gohawaii. About, 2015. Web. 29 May 2015.
- Meulemans, Jules. Uniited Airlines Boeing. Digital image. Airliners. Demand Media, 27 Mar. 2011. Web. 29 May 2015
- Johnson, Tor. Hiking Diamond Head. Digital image. Aloha Hawaii. Aloha from Hawaii, 2011. Web. 2 June 2015.