Tuesday, October 18th
What is T-Shirt Tuesday?
College of the month: MISSOURI SOUTHERN STATE UNIVERSITY in Joplin, MO
Missouri Southern State University produces graduates ready to play active roles in the global world. Located in Joplin, Mo., in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, the University is within minutes from some of the greatest scenery and waterways in the nation.
Historic Route 66 runs through the city. Kansas City, Springfield, Branson, Tulsa and Fayetteville, Ark. are within one or two hours of campus, making Joplin a hub for educational, cultural, entertainment and recreational activities.
Missouri Southern serves nearly 6,000 students in nearly 200 academic programs. MSSU's outstanding NCAA Division II athletics programs, award-winning Themed Semesters, fun student activities and enriching cultural events in theater, art, music and film create an engaging learning environment for our students and citizens of the region. Our graduates work in their communities every day as leaders, entrepreurs, artists, teachers and innovators.
Hear about MSSU from one of our own: Jacob Moreland (AGHS Class of 2016)
"I suppose the main reasons I chose MSSU were the distance and the affordability. Joplin is just far away enough from home to give me some space, but close enough that I can make a trip home very quickly. The campus is also not a massive one which allows for more personal relationships with the professors and other students. I am definitely enjoying my time here at Missouri Southern and there are always events to attend. I would have to say I made the right decision."
Must have one of the following:
- Be in the top 50% of your graduating class OR
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.25 or higher OR
- Have an ACT composite score of 21 or higher
Must have both of the following:
- Have a 2.0 cumulative GPA on all transferable credit
- Be in good standing with all previous institutions
- Apply online at mssu.edu/admissions.
- Pay the $25 one-time, non-refundable application fee
- Send an official high school transcript
- Provide your ACT or SAT scores
For information regarding tuition and financial aid, follow this link.
Some things to do at MSSU:
- There are over 75 registered student organizations on the Missouri Southern campus
- Join one of the three fraternities or two sororities and Go Greek
- Attend free events on campus including: movies, entertainers, custom novelties, picnics, bingo days, photo booths, and more
Check out these links for more information: