Oakdale Board Meeting Highlights
Oakdale Board of Education Meeting | November 8, 2022
Highlights from the Board Meeting
MEMBERS PRESENT: Todd Corbin, Erin Hulsey, and Kimber Shoop
RECOGNITIONS: Oakdale's "Shining Stars"
Each month the board honors a student, teacher, staff member, parent volunteer, or donor in order to showcase various examples of excellence being accomplished at Oakdale School. This month Mr. Corbin recognized Malisa Radatz and the Child Nutrition Team! Congrats!!
- Superintendent's Report
- Recognition of Boys & Girls Cross Country Teams
- Principals' Reports
- State-Mandated Test Score Analysis for Oakdale
- Comprehensive District Academic Plan review & update
- Approved minutes of the October 11, 2022, regular board meeting.
- Approved minutes of the October 28, 2022, special board meeting.
- Accepted Treasurer's Report including: Financial statements, fund balances, expenditures, revenue, warrants, bank summary, bond reports, and investments) for the month ending October 31, 2022.
- Approved Encumbrances: General Fund Payments #744-#887; Building Fund Payments #72-#88; Activity Fund #76-#113; and Bond 36 Payments #13-#14.
PRESENTATION & INFORMATION ITEM: Presentation from Jason Midkiff, OPSRC, related to the timeline and process of hiring a new Superintendent. <SEE DETAILS BELOW>
BUSINESS ACTION ITEMS:
- Approved regular board meeting dates for 2023:
- Tuesday, January 10, 2023
- Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023
- Tuesday, May 9, 2023
- Tuesday, June 13, 2023
- Tuesday, July 11, 2023
- Tuesday, August 8, 2023
- Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- Tuesday, October 10, 2023
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- Tuesday, December 12, 2023
- Approved the 2023 Annual Election Resolution for Board Seat #1.
- Approved payment to Oklahoma County for Oakdale's net share of the cost of the County Assessor's 2022-23 Revaluation budget in the amount of $48,942.75.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: The board entered into an executive session to discuss the hiring of a Superintendent
- Voted to convene in executive session.
- Acknowledged the board's return to the open session.
- Executive Session compliance announcement made
- Named Lynette Brown, an elementary teacher, and Lisa Pitts, a middle school teacher, as Advisory Representatives from the faculty to sit in on the Round 1 interviews of Superintendent candidates serving in an advisory capacity to the board.
Boys & Girls Cross Country Teams Recognized
Superintendent Search News Release
Superintendent Search Timeline
The following dates and actions below represent the general scope of the Oakdale Board of Education’s Superintendent of Schools search to commence on November 1, 2022:
- October 28, 2022: BOE establishes search plan parameters in conjunction with our search facilitator and advising organization, Jason Midkiff of the Oklahoma Public School Resource Center (OPSRC).
- November 1, 2022: Oakdale Superintendent of Schools job posting opens.
- November 8, 2022: Regular Meeting. OPSRC briefs search plan at regular BOE meeting and review committee advisory representatives are announced
- November 14, 2022: OPSRC conducts focus group meetings with stakeholders.
- Faculty & Staff Session: 3:30-5:00PM – Fine Arts Center
- Evening Community session: 6:00-7:30PM – Fine Arts Center
- November 21, 2022: Release Focus Group results.
- November 28, 2022: Conduct internal staff & external community surveys. Questions developed based on focus group feedback.
- December 5, 2022: Release survey results.
- December 12, 2022: Special Board Meeting: BOE conducts initial application screening in executive session.
- December 13, 2022: Regular Meeting: Meet with Advisory Representatives in executive session for consultation. Establish search interview criteria rubric based upon focus group/survey feedback. BOE to discuss interim superintendent courses of action, if necessary.
- December 31, 2022: Oakdale Superintendent of Schools job posting closes.
- January 5, 2023: Special Meeting. BOE identifies Qualified Candidate List.
- January 9, 2023: Special Meeting. BOE identifies Round 1 interview candidate list.
- January 10, 2023: Regular Meeting. Executive session with advisory representatives to review Superintendent round one interview candidate list and review interview procedures.
- January 23-27, 2023: Special Meetings. First round candidate interviews with advisory representatives.
- January 30, 2023: Special Meeting. BOE to determine finalist interviews or select Superintendent based upon advisory feedback and round one interview results.
- February 6, 2023: Special Meeting. Second round candidate finalist interviews (BOE only, if necessary.)
- February 8, 2023: Special Meeting. Determine contract offer.
- February 10, 2023: BOE President extends offer sheet. BOE announces next Oakdale Superintendent of Schools.
- February 14, 2023: Regular Meeting. BOE introduces the new Superintendent of Schools.
*Specific schedule and dates are subject to change.
*Point of Contact is Todd Corbin at (405) 513-2908.
Make plans to attend a superintendent search focus group!
The Oakdale Board of Education invites our community and staff members to participate in our upcoming superintendent search forums. The Board would like to gather your thoughts on the qualities, skills, characteristics and direction you would like to see from the next leader of the Oakdale School District.
As part of the School Board's work in conducting a search for the district's next superintendent, we have contracted the services of the Oklahoma Public School Resource Center (OPSRC) to facilitate this task. Mr. Jason Midkiff will be our direct point of contact and facilitator throughout the entire search.
We will begin our initial process with these community and staff forums as indicated below all facilitated by Mr. Jason Midkiff. Look for the feedback results from these focus groups and progress updates on the Oakdale School website under the Superintendent Search.
- Community Members' Morning Session #1
Nov. 14 @ 8:30-10:00AM in Fine Arts Center
- Faculty and Staff Session #2
Nov. 14 @ 3:30-5:30PM in Fine Arts Center
- Community Members' Evening Session #3
Nov. 14 @ 6:00-7:30PM in Fine Arts Center
Board of Education Regular Monthly Meeting
Tuesday, Dec. 13th, 6pm
10901 N. Sooner Rd, Edmond, OK
The Oakdale Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or veteran status, or gender.