From the Castle
Family Newsletter for Thomas Dale High School-February 2020
Greetings from the Castle!
THIS IS THE BEST YEAR EVER!!!
I know how hard it is hard to believe we are starting the 2nd semester of school already! We have reached the point in the school year when the grind is real! There are a few things that are exciting and refreshing about a school year. Each September is a chance to re-invent yourself, a chance to start fresh, and a chance to establish goals and chase dreams. We get another one of those "re-sets" at the end of the 1st semester and start of the 2nd in February. Each day that passes, I am reminded of how much of an honor it is to serve you, your child, and our school community as the principal. Each day, I'm also reminded of how much hard work goes into that! January was a tough month for all of us, and I am thankful that we've worked to create a "family" to lean on, to trust in, and to encourage us to make the most of each day. I am also thankful that I have the chance to work with you to deliver on the promise of Every Knight, Every Day!
In this issue, I will provide a few guiding questions to help you engage in a reflective dialogue with your child about the 1st semester and a few goal-setting and planning questions about the 2nd semester.
Additionally, mark your calendars with all our upcoming events at the end of this issue, connect with our calendars, and follow us on social media!!!
I believe in you, your children, and our staff. We are working as hard AND smart as we can to deliver on the promise of Every Knight, Every Day! Let's DO this!!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: @GoTDKnights, Facebook: Thomas Dale, Instagram: @GoTDKnights, and Snapchat: @GoTDKnights. Our website is updated regularly for more information: https://sites.google.com/a/ccpsnet.net/tdhs/.
- Send some love to a Teacher or Staff Member! It is a great feeling to receive some love from our families and community! Take some time to send someone at Thomas Dale some love. It is quick and easy, simply click HERE and go!
- Thomas Dale is proud to be a high-quality public educational setting and center of the Chester community. Because of the nature of our service and purpose, there are a few reminders about what is not permitted on school grounds at any time: weapons, drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products of any kind (including vapor).
Connect with the PTSA!
The PTSA is looking for a great parent to fill our Secretary position. If you are interested, please email email@example.com for more information.
There’s still time to JOIN~ PTSA dues fund lots of activities and projects at the school:
1. Teacher Appreciation activities
2. Scholarships for graduating seniors (applicants must be members to receive)
3. Knights In Need: a pool of funds designated to help students with fees and other issues that are identified by the administration
It’s EASY as 1-2-3
Online membership available!
Connect with Your Child
- In one word, how would you describe your 1st semester?
- What was it that made you choose that word?
- What are some of the moments you are most proud of?
- What are some of the moments when you wish you could have done something differently?
- Looking ahead at the 2nd semester, what are some goals you'd like to accomplish?
- How will you accomplish those goals?
- What do you need from me to achieve your goals?
Enjoy these conversations with your child! I promise they mean the world to them and will also keep the strong relationship you have with them going on long beyond their time in your house. Your child needs you now more than ever!
Celebrating Black History Month
Connect with the Principal
Morning Coffees are held at 7am at the West Campus (use Door 9). Sunset Snacks are held at 7pm at the Main Campus (use Door 1).
I'd love to connect with you and learn about what's on your mind and in your heart!
Learning is What Matters
Make sure you stay connected on our Social Media outlets as well!
February 3 - Black History Month Begins (Calendar of Events)
February 6 - Medford Basketball Game and One Lunch at Main
February 10-14 - Love Dale Spirit Week!
February 11 - PTSA Meeting (6pm, Main Library)
February 12 - Coffee with the Principal (7am, WEST Door 9)
February 12 - Vaping: A Community Conversation (6pm, Elizabeth Davis MS-Door 1)
February 12 - Sunset Snacks with the Principal (7pm, MAIN Door 1)
February 13 - 100th Day of School for 2019-2020
February 14 - Report Cards Issued
February 14 - Early Release for Students (12pm Dismissal)
February 17 - No School (Presidents' Day)
February 19 - Genius Hour and One Lunch at Main
February 24-28 - Black History Month Spirit Week!
February 26 - Job Shadow Day Knightchella
February 27-29 - Commonwealth Choral Invitational
February 28 - Genius Hour at West Campus
March 3 - No School for Students
Stay In-the-Know! Click below for previous issues of From the Castle.