Volume 3, Issue 13
Transition to Virtual Learning - November 23rd through January 15th
Walker Career Center Career and Technical Education COVID-19 Update
- Studies show regular deep breathing exercises help the brain, heart, and immune system
- 7/11 Exercise: breathe in for 7 seconds, and out for 11 seconds, and repeat
Get dressed and ready for school - even on virtual days!
- This can help put you in the mindset for school and get you ready for a productive day. It’s much harder to feel productive in PJ’s.
- At the end of every day, write down at least one thing that you are proud of that you did that day. It can be big, like completing a project, or something smaller. This can help with negative self-talk, and keep you in a healthy mindset going into the next day
Words from your Academic Coaches
- Gear UP --> Meets Monday and Tuesday from 2:30-4:30 in E203. Transportation home is provided!
- After-School Tutoring --> Meets Monday-Thursday from 2:30-4:30 in West Cafeteria. Transportation home is provided!
- Tutor.com --> Available ANY day or TIME. Live, virtual tutors are available upon request! Username will be first name.last name (lower case) Password will be gearup Ex. Username- amy.moeller Password- gearup
Student Life Section
Do you need a hotspot for Virtual Learning?
Testing Information for 2nd Semester
Please see the letter below with more dates and information (English and Spanish).
Tutoring for All Students!
- When: Monday through Thursday
- Time: 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Where: West Cafeteria (Enter Door 1)
- Food is provided by Chartwells
- Transportation home will be available
**Please wear your mask. You will be seated at least six feet apart for social distancing purposes. If in-person tutoring is not a good fit, please contact your cohort team so that we can arrange virtual tutoring through a Zoom meeting.
- Want to purchase a yearbook? The price has increased to $60 and will increase after winter break. CLICK HERE to purchase the yearbook. School code: 8852.
- Students can submit photos for consideration HERE.
- Senior Parents and Students can place Senior AD orders HERE. Prices range from $30 to $140 and will be in full color.
In Other Warren News....
For more information on the P-EBT cards and to see if you qualify, please visit Pandemic-EBT.
Free/Reduced Textbook Information
See the letter below for more information.