ALL ABOUT KOALAS
By: Amya Rowe
What Do Koalas Eat?
Koalas eat the leaves of eucalypt trees. They eat from other trees its just they get more hydrations from other trees.Koalas get more hydration because of the oils that come from the leaves.
Young female koalas make one cub per year and older koalas make 2 per year they mostly make there baby cubs in the summer.
Koalas eat a lot of eucalypt leaves the bigger they get the more they eat.
A koala and its mother
This baby koala is sitting in its mothers pouch they sit inside the pouch for 6 months.
This joey is not in the wild it is at a zoo that helps animals
10 Fun Facts
* A baby koala is called a ''joey''
* Gum trees are poisonous but koalas have a long digestive system that helps it from harming them
* Koalas have pouches so there baby stays in the pouch for 6 months
* When joeie's are born they are blind and they can't hear but they use touch and smell to find the pouch
* The more grown up koalas become the more food they eat
* Koalas are not bears
* In Australia a koalas nickname is Native Bear
* Koalas sleep for 19 hours and they run as fast as rabbits
* Koalas have really long claws and they are very useful, they help them climb trees
* Most of a koalas hydration is filled by the leaves and its oil