April 1st, 2022
Dates to Remember
4/4 - 4th Grade Mitchell Orientation
4/4-4/8- Assistant Principal's Week
4/12- First Grade Learning Zoo (In-house Field Trip hosted by PTO)
4/13 - Kindergarten & 1st Grade Egg Hunt, Second Grade Learning Zoo (In-house Field Trip hosted by PTO)
4/14 - Field Day
4/15 - Holiday - No School
4/16 - School Librarian Appreciation Day
4/18 - Holiday - No School
4/19- Third Grade Learning Zoo (In-house Field Trip hosted by PTO)
4/22- Bobcat Bonanza (PTO Spring Fundraiser)
4/28- Kindergarten Learning Zoo (in-house field trip hosted by PTO)
5/1 - School Principal Day
5/2-5/7- Teacher Appreciation Week
5/3 - All School Skate at Sk8town (More Info to Come)
5/5 - Choir Concert 6:00pm
5/13 - All Library Books Due
5/20 - Kindergarten Graduation
5/23 - All School Yearbook Signing
5/24 - Paw-Some Award Ceremony - Wear GREEN for Resilience
5/25 - Gifted & Talented Expo
5/26 - Last Day of School, Fourth Grade Clap-Out (Hawaiian Theme), Early Release 12:10pm
Message from Mrs. Thompson
Next week is National Assistant Principal's Week. I would like to take a moment to thank my assistant principal's, Mrs. Dupre and Mrs. McCoy for all their hard work in helping to make Bush the great school that it is. These two ladies work tirelessly supporting teachers and students every single day, and I am so grateful for them. They do a lot of the behind the scenes work that keeps this school running safely and effectively.
Thank you Mrs. Dupre and Mrs. McCoy for all your hard work!
All school Field Day April 14 ,2022
All School Field Day April 14, 2022. Please help Bush Bobcats enjoy their Field Day by volunteering your time & enthusiasm! All students will engage in activities with their grade level. Click HERE to sign up to volunteer.
2022-2023 Early Childhood Resource Fair
Is your child ready to start PreK or Kindergarten next school year? If so, join us for family fun at the Early Childhood Resource Fair! This free event offers an opportunity to visit with community organizations and representatives from Conroe ISD. Prekindergarten & Kindergarten registration for all Conroe ISD schools will be available on-site, along with fun activities, snacks, and giveaways! If you are not able to join - Registration for the 2022-2023 school year for students new to Conroe ISD will open on Monday, April 4.
Save your plastic grocery bags
H-E-B will be celebrating Earth Day, April 22, 2022 and our school has a chance to earn a Gift Card just for participating. Our Recycling team is excited to help Bush participate in this contest! The contest begins on Monday, April 4th and ends Friday April 29th. Students can bring in clean plastic grocery bags and put them in the designated recycling bags in the gym.
Save The Date: Gifted & Talented Expo
Third and Fourth Grade current Gifted and Talented students will be presenting their TPSP projects at our GT Expo. May 25, 2022 from 3:30pm-4:15pm here at Bush Elementary Activity Room. Parents are invited to come at this time and view the projects that our Third and Fourth Graders have been working on.
Summer GT Testing at Bush Elementary
The referral window for Summer GT testing will be from April 1st-29th. If you would like to nominate your student for Summer GT testing, please read below:
- Summer GT Testing will take place at Bush Elementary on Tuesday, May 31- Thursday June 2 from 8:00am-11:00am.
- All students will be tested in both Iowa and CogAT. Students may not take partial tests or skip around.
- Students must be present all three days of testing.
- If a student took any GT test this school year (2nd Grade CogAT and or Spring testing), he/she may not participate in this round of testing. It is the same test and will invalidate the norms.
If you are interested in having your child tested this summer, please email Brooke McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org
The best school district in Montgomery County!
message from the front office
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to email@example.com before 2:00 PM each day.
- Car rider dismissal reminder: Entering the school driveway at dismissal is by right turn only. All traffic leaving the school must turn right onto Crownridge as well.
- All individuals entering the building must check-in at the front office by showing a valid ID.
- All items forgotten at home can be dropped off at our outside drop off table and will be taken down to your student before their lunch period.
- We kindly ask for no dogs on school property.
- We ask that any student leaving before regular dismissal is picked up by 2:45pm.
- Please help keep your information current. If you have a change of address or phone number please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2022-2023 School Calendar
Lunch Visitor Sign-Up
10:45 Lunch Period: Classes: Armstrong, Baum, Costenbader, Hull, Johnson, Miller, Murdock, Saunders, Sellers, and Sunseri.
11:15 Lunch Period: Classes: D. Anderson, Bruno, Dalessandro, Edgar, Foley, Garza, Harrell, Hunsdale, Landry, Perry, Powell, and Reyna.
11:45 Lunch Period: Classes: Abbas, N. Anderson, Barnett, Brock, Bruce, Castillo, Cleaveland, Clifford, DePedro, Everett, Lamberti, Milo, Nettuno, Riggs, and Ross.
12:15 Lunch Period: Classes: Brown, Davies, Eschenburg, Kamal, Lenfant, Saldana, Samford, and Shaw.
Library Help - We continue to need help shelving books through the end of the year. If you have some availability, please check out the sign up!
Carline Help - We are in need of volunteers to assist with our morning Carline. Carline is from 7:30am - 8:00am and you can simply report to the front ramp and assist opening car doors for our students. No need to check in at the front office.
A Message from Bush Clinic
Please visit the CISD website, https://www.conroeisd.net/roadmap-to-reopening/, for the latest information about self reporting and return to school instructions.
Nurse Cheryl Kirchner, RN
Bush Clinic Phone: (936) 709-1609
There are several art contests going on right now.
- Mrs. Beardsley is looking for the top 20 artworks 2D or 3D to submit to the Conroe ISD art contest. If a Bush art student wants to do that contest, please bring it to Mrs. Beardsley with a note with the child's name and teacher and "Interest in Conroe ISD art contest."
- The SHSU "Kindness Matters" art contest. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F9NYgoKwFt56PZ1xCJd3LAYKQJW7OF-1/view?usp=sharing
- Watch the link below and then submit the art to Mrs. Beardsley by April 13th. https://youtu.be/Y34ZA7Z9IjY
- Mental Health America - 6th Annual Youth Art Showcase with a theme of "Building our Future: My Fears and My Hopes". https://drive.google.com/file/d/1juD_ycvNfrSn_gL8tgI2ziNI5ADkZxk9/view?usp=sharing
"SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!"
This is for students and parents/guardians to anonymously report safety concerns, harassment, bullying, or threats of hurting others or of self-harm. KidChat - 1-888-KidChat (543-2428) - This is monitored by the Conroe ISD Police Department twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Discounted Bonanza Wristbands on Sale Now at BushPTO.com
The Bobcat Bonanza is Bush’s spring fundraiser and community event. Wristbands are required for all guests 5 and above and are just $15 if you purchase them in advance or $20 at the door! Admission includes dinner, games, inflatables, silent auction, cotton candy and a grand ole time! Mosey on over to bushpto.com to get your tickets today (or use the paper order form sent home this week).
Bush Elementary: A nurturing and inclusive community where students become empowered citizens and life-long learners. Every student, every day!
Our school hours are 8:00-3:10. Students may arrive as early as 7:30 and will go to their homeroom beginning at that time.
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.