Family Newsletter-February/March 2020
With our recent bouts of sunny weather it feels like spring is trying really hard to show up. Our flower bulbs that our students planted in October are blooming. We have lovely daffodil, hyacinth, and crocus plants beautifying our campus. We have our Family STEAM Night coming up next Thursday, March 12th from 5:30-7:00PM. This is one of our highest attended family nights. We hope you are able to come enjoy some fun hands-on experiences and learn from our student Science Fair projects!
Mrs. Gina McLain
Important Upcoming Dates
- Thurs., March 5th--College Wear Day! Wear your college gear.
- Fri., March 6th--Spirit Day! Wear your Lenox gear (see more info below)
- Fri.-Sun. March 6th-8th--Enjoy treats at Menchies all weekend long! March 6-8 from 12pm-11pm with the flyer. 20% of your purchase will go back to Lenox Booster Club.
- Thurs., March 12th--Family STEAM Night!, 5:30-7:00PM. Come experience fun, hands-on activities and see our student Science Fair projects.
- Sun., March 8th--Daylight Saving Time begins at 2:00 A.M. On Saturday night, set your clocks forward one hour (i.e., losing one hour) to “spring ahead.”
- Mon., March 23rd-Fri., March 27th--NO SCHOOL: Spring Break
- Tues., March 31st--Booster Dining Night Out at Corner Bakery 8:00am to 7:30pm. It's 15% of all sales, including to-go orders. Just verbally mention our fundraiser, bring or show on your phone the flyer. To promote this event with a theme of Breakfast for Dinner it will be Pajama Day!
- Thurs., April 2nd--College Wear Day! Wear your college gear.
- Mon., April 6th--Booster Club Mtg. 7:00-8:30PM in the library. Front doors will lock at 7:15PM.
- Thurs., April 9th--End of 3rd quarter
- Fri., April 10th--NO SCHOOL: Teacher Work Day
- Thurs., April 30th--Lenox Kinder Orientation, 6:00-7:00PM. This event is for incoming kinder families for the 2020-2021 school year. Kindergarten Registration info HERE
This past Sunday you should have received an email from the HSD district office regarding Coronavirus, as well as a text message (unless you have opted out of these communications). Below is the link to our HSD Coronavirus website, the place to go for our most up-to-date information.
Our staff is constantly reviewing good handwashing techniques and other healthy habits such as coughing/sneezing into elbows. Here are some resources that are helpful teaching tools for students about the Coronavirus and healthy habits.
Our custodial team is following an enhanced disinfectant schedule that includes daily cleaning of commonly touched surfaces. Our staff also have access to cleaning products should they see a need to wipe a surface down during the school day.
Please help us continue to keep our kids safe by keeping your child home if they are sick. If you have any questions about whether you should keep your student home due to illness, please consult this info sheet, produced by our district nurses. Calling our attendance line and sharing your child's symptoms allows us to better track sickness in our community. Attendance line: 503.844.1363
Important Information and Reminders
- Please do not drop your student off before 7:15, as there is no supervision of students. This is a safety issue. Our doors open at 7:15 and supervision is provided at that time.
- No parking in bus lanes. Besides our arrival and dismissal times, we have activity buses that need to access our bus lanes between 4:00-5:30 PM.
- Our buses need your help. In the morning, when the buses are trying to leave our lot, they have requested that cars graciously stop and let them exit the lot. They have middle school and high school routes they need to get to on time and often get stuck trying to exit. Thank you for you awareness and help with this.
- Spirit Day Fridays! Staff and students are encouraged to wear Lenox gear, Fun Run shirts, anything Lenox on Fridays. If you are interested in purchasing Spirit Wear from our Booster Club, please click on this link.
- For some of our evening Booster Club, like movie nights and Booster Club meetings, we will be locking the front doors at a certain time to ensure the safety of those people attending our events. Notifications will be posted so you are aware of when the doors will be locked. For example, for Booster Club meetings which start at 7:00PM, doors will be locked at 7:15PM.
- For all school events which take place after regular student school hours (7:15-2:05), students must be accompanied by an adult to be able to attend. Students are not allowed to attend Movie Nights, Carnival, Bingo, STEAM Night, or any evening event without an adult with them.
- No dogs on school property during school hours. Thank you!
Comprehensive Sexuality Education
Another reminder that we have a website that has all of the information regarding the CSE lessons. Included on the site are parent notification letters in English and Spanish, a calendar that has all the lesson dates for each grade level, a link to lessons, opt out information, and more. 1st, 3rd and 5th grade classes will be teaching the lessons starting in March and some in April. 2nd & 4th grades will be teaching the lessons in May. Please read the notification letter and review the site by clicking on the link below.Lenox Comprehensive Sexuality Education website
It is also found on our HSD Lenox website under the For Families tab and Quick Links.
State Assessment Information
Booster Club Information
For more information about Booster Events, please click on the links below: