Weekly News: Week of 9/26/22
Message from Mrs. LaCamera
We are working as a school to develop monthly themes to focus on good character traits. During the month of October, we will focus on Kindness. Teachers will kick off the theme at the beginning of each month by reading a book to their class. Throughout the month, we will talk with our students about what each theme means and how to represent those attributes. Our 6th grade leaders will demonstrate examples through our daily video announcements. Each month, I will share our monthly focus with parents.
As always, please email me with any questions, concerns or feedback.
- September 26/27th- School Store- students will spend their earned Paws
- September 26th- Opt out date for 5th/6th grade SAEBERs screener
- September 28th- Cougar Rally
- September 29th- School Celebration- Fun in the Sun
- October 10th- NO SCHOOL- Indigenous Peoples Day
- October 11th NO SCHOOL- Teacher Plan Day
- October 26th- Book Fair 5:00-6:00pm
- October 26th- Trunk or Treat 6:00-7:00 (details to follow)
- October 27th- Trunk or Treat rain date
At the Rally, students find out if we have met our goal. In addition, at this rally each month, one classroom is selected from each Specials Area teacher (Music, PE, Library, Lunch, Recess, Art) to identify the classroom that has demonstrated exceptional behavior. That classroom receives a trophy to carry around for the month.
This is an opportunity for us to focus on the positives and celebrate all the wonderful things happening each day.
Rolling Meadows Library Special Events
For approval, all community volunteers must have passed the required background check AND completed the Confidentiality Agreement.
For more information, please visit this link: Volunteer Website
Once volunteers are cleared and/or completed the required paperwork, we can discuss what type of volunteer work you would like to assist with. We are always looking for help in the Library, Lunch, Recess, Primary Classrooms etc. Family members cannot work in their child's classroom. Please call the main office with further questions. Thank you for your consideration.
Thank you once again to our hard working PTA for hosting our Room Rep breakfast with parents and teachers. We are so grateful for our parents!
Please support our school PTA and become a member! It is a great way to get involved! You can give as little or as much time as you have! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
News from D15 Multilingual Department
- MPAC (Multilingual Parent Advisory Committee - families who speak any language are most welcome): Tues., Oct. 18 at 6:30 pm - Virtual workshop addressing report cards and preparing for parent/teacher conferences
- BPAC (Spanish Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee - presented in Spanish and translated to English): Thurs., Nov. 10 at 6:30 pm - In person & virtual workshop with David Carrillo on "How to Effectively Address Changes in Children's Behavior"
Just a reminder- school begins at 8:25am. Those not in need of a breakfast should arrive to school closer to 8:20am. Doors will open for breakfast at 8:10am. If your child needs a breakfast, they can grab a breakfast bag between 8:10-8:20 am from the lunchroom. Students that arrive past 8:25am will receive a tardy pass.
Mon - Thurs
8:25 am - 3:05 pm
KDG AM: 8:25 am - 11:00 am
KDG PM: 12:30-3:05 pm
8:25 am - 2:15 pm
KDG AM: 8:25 - 10:35 am
KDG PM: 12:05 - 2:15 pm
LUNCH: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
If you are in need of before school care, please call the main office for information for REC childcare through the RM Park, housed at Kimball Hill or you can call the RM Park District for assistance.