Born: Hungary 22 Oct 181. Death: 31 July 1886
- Liszt invented the term "symphonic poem" for orchestral works that did not follow traditional forms and were based generally on a literary or pictorial idea.
- He had a "stormy relationship" with the already married Countess Marie d'Agoult. They lived in Switzerland and Italy with three children.
- His god-parents were Franciscus Zambothy and Julianna Szalay.
- "Love dream"
- Liebesträume is a set of 3 solo piano works published in 1850.
- These three pieces were often referred to incorrectly as a singular piece