Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ October 30
Prefer to read this in a different language? Scroll to the bottom and click "translate".
Use this Sign-up Genius to reserve a virtual conference time with your child's teacher. Conferences will be from 4:00-6:00 p.m. each day from Monday through Thursday the week of November 16. You will meet with the teacher by using the same Zoom link that your child uses during the day (you may have to wait in the Zoom waiting room until the teacher lets you in, so please be patient).
Conferences are each 20 minutes long. We value this chance to talk with you about your child's progress, especially as we near the end of first trimester.
NOTE: Be sure to choose the correct teacher on the Sign-up Genius. Scroll across the tabs on top to find the teacher(s) you need. The first tab that will open is for 4K conferences.
Nov 6 - Picture day AND Material pickup
On Friday, November 6, we have combined two things to make it easier for families. This is an asynchronous Friday. Student pictures and student material pickup will both be at school that day. Please be sure to bring back the books your teacher gave you in the past.
Pictures are from 8:30-1:00. You must sign up for a picture appointment using this Sign-Up Genius link. You will find picture order information at this link as well as on the Sign-Up Genius. Please remember the following:
• One student per slot on the Sign-Up Genius (not one family per slot)
• Enter through the front door
• Everyone entering the school must wear a mask (except when smiling for a picture). This includes adults that attend with their students.
• There will be two photographers at opposite ends of our gym
• Families will exit out the side door for one way traffic through the picture area
• All Lakeview students - including Lakeview students in the South Milwaukee Virtual Academy - should sign up and get pictures taken
• There will be an option for makeup photos at a later date
Online Scholastic Book Fair
To celebrate literacy, our Lakeview teachers will be posting nightly, bedtime read-alouds during the Book Fair. You won't want to miss these! In order to see them, you will need to "like" the PTO Facebook page. Like it now so you are ready for these bedtime stories.
Meals during Virtual
Holiday Help For Your Family
If you are in need of help purchasing gifts for your children this year, we are once again partnering with Human Concerns to provide for our students (birth to senior year).
To sign up contact:
Human Concerns in South Milwaukee at 414-764-5340 by November 5
Molly Gallegos, High School Social Worker, at 414-766-5816 or
Brianne Nillissen Mah, Lakeview School Social Worker, at 414-766-5267 by November 16