By Derek Gebel
Facts about Nitrogen
- About 2.5 percent of the weight of living organisms comes from nitrogen in organic molecules.
- Many of the molecules of life contain nitrogen. It is the fourth most abundant element in the human body.
- The nitrogen compound nitroglycerin has two rather uses: blowing things up and relief of angina, a life threatening heart condition
- Nitrogen has the appearance of water as a liquid at the boiling point, as it is also colorless and odorless.
- Able to bow things up
- Make people laugh using laughing gas
- Can create light like a light bulb
- Can preserve blood and other biological sample
- Reduce fire hazards