February 5, 2021
Eagle Academy encourages academic excellence by integrating proven instructional methods with a challenging curriculum and high expectations.This combination provides every child with the foundation needed to achieve proficiency of Eagle Academy’s performance standards at each instructional level.
Previous editions of the Eagle Express can be found on the Newsletter page on our school website
- Feb. 9 (Tuesday) - APB meeting (5:45 p.m.) via YouTube Live
- Feb. 10 (Wednesday) - School Picture Day
- Feb. 11 (Thursday) - Valentines Day Celebration
- Feb. 12 (Friday) - Asynchronous instruction (no in-person instruction)
- Feb. 15 (Monday) - President's Day (no school)
More information about these events appear further down in the newsletter. You can also visit the News & Events section of our website homepage. (https://www.asdk12.org/eagleacademycharter)
PICTURE DAY - WEDNESDAY, FEB. 10th
Our Lifetouch Picture Day is scheduled for Wednesday, February 10. All staff and students will be having their pictures that day. Students should dress in uniforms, as these are the pictures that will be used for the yearbook. There will not be a traditional class picture taken, but for those that would like to order the class picture, Lifetouch will create a composite picture with all the classmates' pictures on one sheet.
The photographers are very aware of the safety precautions and will be following the appropriate protocols, including wearing a mask, sanitizing the portrait area between students, and taping off areas on the floor 6 foot apart to keep the students appropriately spaced while waiting for their pictures. As in the past, the photographer is not allowed to adjust hair or clothing of students, but can give verbal and visual cues for the students to follow if something needs adjusted. In the past, we have had volunteers be more involved in prepping the students in that way, but we will not be having volunteers in the building to help with pictures this time.
As is usual for fall pictures, you can preorder the pictures with the flyer that will come home the week of pictures or wait and receive the picture proof sheet after the pictures are processed. If you want to order pictures at that time, there will be information that accompanies the proof to do so. At this time, we do not have any retakes scheduled, and I don't know for sure if we will be scheduling any. If you have a student who is doing EACS Virtual, or will not be able to attend picture day in person, I am working on details to make sure they will still be included in the yearbook.
I hope to have that information available next week for you. Thank you for being patient and understanding as we have tried to make sure we are able to actually get our students photographed this year!
Please contact Jennifer Bundy, email@example.com or 907-884-5008, with any questions.
THURSDAY, FEB 11th
For health and safety reasons, we are asking the following:
- Have notes signed "from: ______________" but please leave the "To: ____________" blank
- We are encouraging non-edible, store bought/sealed treats, and notes.
- Place your treats/notes in a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Staff will sort and stuff gift bags for all students in the class.
- Bring your treats/notes to school by Tuesday (Feb.9) so that items can sit for 48 hours before being distributed to students on the 11th.
- If your students will not be attending school for the day, please make sure you contact the front office (907) 742-3025 as soon as possible in the morning. This is true for both those who are attending in-person or EACS Online at home. This will prevent those automatic system generated phone calls or text/app alerts.
- EACS Online students are expected to attend their daily classroom Zoom sessions (Monday-Thursday). If your student does not join the Zoom session, the will be considered absent. If they are late signing on, they will be considered tardy.
- Per our normal protocols, students absent due to medical or emergencies are typically marked excused. Student absences due to parent choice (vacations, sporting events, etc.) are marked as unexcused. We do encourage students, if they are able, to attend their class daily zoom sessions or watch the video recordings so that they do not fall behind.
LOTTERY SYSTEM NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS!
The lottery system is open for applications for the 2021-2022 school year. Lottery applications are due by 5 p.m. on March 18, 2021. The lottery will run on March 19, 2021. Parents/guardians will be notified of the lottery results on March 26, 2021.
Don't forget that you MUST submit a lottery application for any sibling that you want to attend Eagle Academy. The ONLY way a seat can be offered is through the lottery system.
*If you have a Kindergartner next year, please submit an application for them*
If you know of someone that is interested in our program, please let them know that the lottery application system is now open!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Admin. Assistant, Tamara Gagnon at the front office (907) 742-3025.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ISOLATION & QUARANTINE, AND WHEN CAN I RETURN TO SCHOOL?
Isolation keeps someone who is infected with the virus away from others, including people in their home. Quarantine keeps someone who might have been exposed to the virus away from others.
These guidelines determine when ASD staff/students can return to buildings.
Isolation (Confirmed Positive and Suspected Cases)
- If the person tests positive (with or without symptoms) stay home until 10 days have passed from the date the sample was collected.
- if the person has symptoms, stay home for 10 days after the onset of symptoms AND at lest 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing mediations AND symptoms are resolving.
- If the person has symptoms and tests negative, they may return after having no fever without fever reducing medications for at least 24 hours AND symptoms are resolving. Students must provide proof of the negative test to their school nurse.
- If the person has symptoms related to a chronic health condition, they may return to school with a Chronic Condition Symptom Release Form, signed by their medical provider.
Quarantine (Close Contacts)
- If testing is not readily available, quarantine for a full 10 days after you were exposed. You may end your quarantine on day 11 if you do not develop symptoms, You must continue to wear a mask when around others and monitor your symptoms for a full 14 days. Self-isolate if you develop symptoms and get tested.
- If the person lives with the confirmed positive case and they cannot isolate from one another, the 10 days will not start until the confirmed positive case completes their isolation time frame (10 days).
- If testing is available, you may be able to end your quarantine after 7 days of quarantine, on the 8th day. You can take a COVID-19 test within 48 hours priort to when you hope to end your quarantine, You must continue to wear a mask when around others, and monitor for symptoms for the full 14 days. If you develop symptoms or your test result is positive, you must self-isolate.
- Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, and other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Stay away from those considered high risk.
HELP KEEP EACS SYMPTOM FREE
Please continue take a few minutes to conduct a daily self check before departing for school in the mornings. When in doubt, self select out.
Below is an updated version of the Keep ASD Symptom Free daily screening guidance form, return to school options for students who with COVID symptoms or have recently tested positive for COVID, and a Chronic Condition/Symptom Release Form.
REMOTE LEARNING & SPRING BREAK TRAVEL
Due to the number families that travel during Spring Break, Eagle Academy will be implementing proactive measures to mitigate the potential of COVID-19 transmission in our building by resuming instruction online for the week March 15-19th. In-person instruction will resume on Monday, March 22nd.
If your family is traveling for spring break, you can find the current guidance here:
- https://www.asdk12.org/Page/15687 (look for "travel restrictions")
Upon return from traveling out of state, there is currently a requirement to quarantine. The number of days is determined by what actions you take during your travel and after you return.
Did you see Eagle Academy's National Blue Ribbon Schools t-shirt and wish that you could get one for yourself or a friend or family member? Well you can! Click here Custom Ink Link to order your t-shirts. You can submit your order and pay directly for any size or style. The deadline to order is February 12, 2021.
There are two options:
- You can have your items shipped to EACS for free. You'll be contacted as soon as your items arrive.
- You can have your items shipped directly to your home for an additional fee.
If you have any questions contact Paige Saylor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FLEECE WEAR ORDERS
In an effort to stay as contactless as possible due to Covid protocols, the PTO is excited to open up ONLINE ONLY ordering to purchase Fleece Wear. Fleece Jackets are allowed to be worn in the classroom.
Please visit the following link to place your order and pay online: https://uniform-approved-fleece.cheddarup.com
- There is a processing fee charged at checkout.
- Fleece orders will be accepted though February 19th.
- Cash/check still accepted if choosing to submit paper forms to PTO mail box in lobby.
Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns: Tonya@bizins.com
EAGLE ACADEMY APB
Vanessa Hall - APB Chair: (907) 230-6365
Missy Timberlake - APB Teacher: (907) 301-8653
Mindy Edison - APB Teacher: (907) 223-7774
Jennifer Bundy - APB Parent Member: (907) 884-5008
Cheryl Raile - APB Parent Member: (858) 780-6225
Paige Saylor - APB Parent Member: (843) 437-5783
Vacant - APB Community Member
Eagle Academy PTO
Tonya Prentiss - Chair: (719) 213-5678
Beth Sherwood - Co-Vice-Chair: (907) 362-3499
Vanessa Hall - Co-Treasurer: (907) 230-6365
Amie Mitchell - Co-Treasurer: (907) 830-1604
Haley Gagnon - Secretary: (907) 310-6690
Heather Milligan - Parent Rep: (774) 254-1238
Mindy Edison - Teacher Rep (907) 223-7774