MVS Family News
Blazing our own path to excellence!
Friday, September 2
September 5-- Holiday/ No School
September 8-- 2nd grade- 5th grade-- Marvelous Maverick Day-- 10:00 to 11:30
September 8-- Senior Pictures-- 10:00 AM at Heritage High School
September 26-28-- 2nd grade- 8th grade-- In-Person Testing (date and time- scheduled with your teacher)
October 3-7-- Fall Break/ No School
October 10-- Intervention and Enrichment/ No School
October 11-- Professional Development/ No School
October 18-- ACT Retake for all Seniors
- Date / Time: Thursday, Sept. 8th 10:00 AM
- Where: Heritage High School (see below for specific instructions on where to go once you arrive)
- Cost: $35 sitting fee on picture day
- Student will need to go to the front office at Heritage High School first (enter in the main door and then turn right - you can see the office when you enter the commons) and GET A VISITOR’S PASS.
- They will then return to the commons area and look for the theatre doors. They are directly across the commons area from the main entrance into the school.
- There will be blank photography forms for them to fill out when they go inside the theatre.
- The students will see a desk set up in front of the stage where they will check in.
- Please tell them and the photographer that you are with Maryville Virtual School (they should have a black gown/cap for you)
- If you have any issues or need help, you can email or call Dr. Rothery at 865-984-8110 and ask for her extension or give us a call here at Maryville Virtual School at 865-681-2289 if you’re unable to get in touch with her.
Low Grade Emails
Things to finish up
On-line Payments Now Work!
- Pay your $40 iReach User Charge on School Cash Online, if you have done already done so.
- Please pay your $45 School Fees on School Cash Online, if you have done already done so.
- If you are in need of WiFi access, please see the information here.
PowerSchool/ Gradebook Access for Parents
1. Login to https://ps.maryvillecityschools.k12.tn.us/public/home.html
with your Parent username and password.
2. Sign up for emails of grades and attendance
- Setting Up Automatic Reminders: Emailed Notification of Grades
- Once parent is logged in, choose Email Notification on the left.
- Check what information you would like to receive, how often, and to what email address.
- Click Submit and Sign Out.
3. Download the PowerSchool app and view it on your phone
- PowerSchool Mobile App
- Install App.
- Enter District Code: QLNK.
- Login using the Parent username and password.
Canvas Parent Accounts
Parent Canvas URL: HTTPS://MARYVILLE-SCHOOLS.INSTRUCTURE.COM/LOGIN/CANVAS
- First Time: Creating an Account:
- Once you have created a login, use your User ID and Password.
- Existing Parent Account: Adding an additional student
- Editing Notifications:
- Once you make your account, you will start getting email updates unless you turn them off under Notifications.