Final Board Meeting of 2016-2017
Have a Voice: Join the Board!
Thanks to everyone who voted in our executive board election. Our new president is Lisa Girard, and our new vice-president is Deanna Brooks.
- Advocacy - Reach out to constituencies including administration, legislators, and the general public
- Member relations - Oversee membership dues collection, troubleshoot Wild Apricot (web site) issues
- Programs - Manage Watering Holes, annual gathering, Read Across America table, and other ad hoc activities
Members at large (2) - Attend monthly board meetings
- Coalition of Library Advocates (COLA) - Attend monthly SLRI and COLA meetings
- New England School Library Association (NESLA) - Attend monthly SLRI meetings and four NESLA meetings: two in person and two online
- RI Society of Technology Educators (RISTE/NISTE) - Attend monthly RISTE meetings, supports partnerships between our organizations (PD, programs, etc.)
Coverage in School Library Journal
Remember to Sign Up for the Forums
All prior technical issues with the forums have been solved, and they're just waiting for members to sign up and use them! Recent posts include Rooster Games resources, a request to visit Makerspaces, and an invitation to apply to join the RIMSBA committee.
All you need to do to access this content is log in to slri.info using the email attached to your membership. If you haven't logged in before, click "Forgot password" to create one.