Seniors that applied to a 4-year college should plan to report their acceptance to their Guidance Counselor and sign the College Acceptances Book that is in the Guidance Office.
- Login to Naviance utilizing Clever
- On the home page scroll down to "My Favorites" and click on "Scholarships & Money"
- Click on Scholarship Search
- Students can select the heart icon to create a list of scholarships they are interested in applying to.
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH TIPS
- Apply to as many as applicable. Scholarships with essay requirements have much fewer applicants.
- Pay attention to deadlines, requirements (essay, letters of rec, and where to send application (Guidance Office or Scholarship Committee).
- Work with your child throughout this process. Break it down into a manageable amount of work and explain the importance of applying.
- Complete the Scholarship Transcript Request Form if required and submit to Mrs. Webb a minimum of 5 days before the deadline.
Students may also search for national scholarships, FASTWEB.COM is a free scholarship search platform that connects students to scholarships and financial aid tools.
The Massachusetts AFL-CIO Scholarships are available to ALL HIGH SCHOOL seniors living in Massachusetts. Additionally, students with a family or personal union affiliation, are eligible for awards given by their family's specific local union or central labor council. Awards range from $500-$16,000.
For more information and to register visit:
Application Deadline: December 16, 2022
Exam Dates: Monday February 6, 2023 & Friday February 10, 2023
Download the study guide by visiting: www.learnlaborhistory.com
SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL AID SCAMS
Reminder: Any student who withdraws from an AP course after November 14th will be charged a $40 exam cancellation fee per College Board. Any student who does not sit for the AP Exam in May will NOT be issued a refund for the exam fee and the AP course designation on the transcript will be forfeited and changed to honors credit.
THE ARMED SERVICES VOCATIONAL APTITUDE BATTERY (ASVAB)
ATTENTION STUDENT ATHLETES!
CRACKING TEST WEEK BY PRINCETON REVIEW
12/4 at 8 PM: SAT, ACT or Both?
12/5 at 10 PM: SAT Strategy Session
12/6 at 8 PM: ACT Strategy Session
12/7 at 8 PM: PSAT Scores, Now What?
12/8 at 8 PM: AP Strategy Sesion
For more information and for links to register please click here.
PSAT TEST SCORES
The guidance counselors will meet with all Juniors in Guidance Seminars during Titan Time January 3rd - 6th & Sophomores January 10th - 13th to demonstrate how students can use their PSAT/NMSQT scores to help prepare for the SAT. Juniors will be encouraged to register for the SAT's in the spring.
Students should plan to link their College Board accounts with Kahn Academy to create a personalized study guide to help prepare for the SAT. While many colleges are now test optional, obtaining a high score on the SAT can enhance the college application and lead to additional scholarship opportunities. To view the steps to link accounts please click here.
SAT TEST PREP COURSES
Session #1: February 12, 19, 26, & March 5, 2023
Sundays, 1 – 5 pm
(Snow date: Class will be held virtually)
For the March 11, and May 6, 2023 SAT exam
Session #2: May 7, 14, 21 & 28, 2023
Sundays, 1 – 5 pm
For the June 3, 2023 SAT exam
Location for both sessions:
Bridgewater State University
100 Burrill Avenue
POST-SECONDARY PLANNING FOR UNDERCLASSMEN
- The College Interview
- Campus Visits
- Ace Your College Visits
- How to Get Recruited as an Athlete
- Searching for Scholarships
- Understanding Financial Aid
The information available in the series is useful for underclassmen to review as well as current seniors. To view the information/series please click here.
COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
THE PEMBROKE COUNCIL ON AGING
The Pembroke Council on Aging is in need of student volunteers to rake leaves for elderly members of the Pembroke community. If you are interested please contact:
PCMS HOMEWORK CLUB TUTORING
Please fill out this GOOGLE FORM if you are interested in earning community service hours by tutoring middle school students during Homework Club at PCMS. Homework Club meets right after school until 3:15 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. You do not have to be available all three days, and you must have your own transportation. Interested students should have a B or better in the subject area they are interested in tutoring.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- 12/5 - 12/6 PSAT Scores Available
- 12/5 - 12/8 Princeton Review Webinars: Cracking Test Week
- 12/8 - ASVAB Test Date
- 12/14 - NCAA Eligibility Center Webinar
- 12/16 - AFL-CIO Scholarship Deadline
- 1/3 - 1/6 - Junior PSAT/NMSQT Guidance Seminars
- 1/10 - 1/13 - Sophomore PSAT Guidance Seminars
- 1/24 - 1/27 - Senior Scholarship Guidance Seminars
PHS GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT
Kerran Goff, Lead Counselor
781-293-4023 ext. 2121
Grade 9: P-Z / Grade 10: P-Z / Grade 11: N-Z Grade / 12: O-Z
781-293-4023 ext. 2122
Grade 9: A-F / Grade 10: A-F / Grade 11: A-Gi / Grade 12: A-F
781-293-4023 ext. 2117
Grade 9: G-O / Grade 10: G-O / Grade 11:Gl-M / Grade 12: G-N
781-293-4023 ext. 2133