The DCMS Bat Signal: 10/30/18
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
Principally Speaking: No Opt Out Refresher and Extender
One way that you can make this activity more rigorous in your classroom is to follow up the No Opt Out answers with a request for another correct answer (in addition to the one the student gave) or by asking for the student to explain the “why” behind the correct answer.
To view some excellent examples of No Opt Out in the classroom, check out the following links:
Check out this graphic to remind you of the fine points of using the No Opt Out technique.
DCMS Beginning of Year Benchmarks: Reflect on how you contribute to our goals?
- Parent-Teacher Conferences - (2 Evenings) 11/1 & 11/8, 4:30 - 8 PM; dinner provided @ 4 PM; bring your own drink.
- MS PTO Mtg - Monday, 11/5 @ 3:30 PM in the admin conference room
- 6/7 Choir Concert - Tuesday, 11/6 @ 7 PM in the gym
- Veterans' Day - Monday, 11/12 - Social Studies classes will complete related activities.
- School Board Mtg - Monday, 11/12, @ 6:30 PM at South Elementary cafe
- Thanksgiving Break - NO SCHOOL on Wednesday, 11/21 - Friday, 11/23
- NO PLC on 10/31 to allow for Parent-Teacher Conference Preparation
- PLC - Wednesday, 11/7, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 11/13 in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM for Suicide Prevention Training 1
- PLC - Wednesday, 11/14, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- NO PLC on 11/21 - Thanksgiving Break
- Dept Mtg - Tuesday, 11/27
- PLC - Wednesday, 11/28, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- PLC - Wednesday, 12/5, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 12/11 in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM for Suicide Prevention Training 2
- 18-19 SLO Approval - If you haven't already submitted your SLO/TLO for administrative approval in Standards for Success, please do so by Friday, 11/9. If you need help, please see Dave or me.
- Halloween is Wednesday, 10/31 - Please remember, students do not dress up to celebrate Halloween during school. Classes are to run "business as usual". Please do not plan parties. Staff may dress up if you choose.
- If your PT Conference Slots are Full - If you want, you can request for me to open slots for a time period determined by you that can go as late as 7:30 PM on Tuesday, November 6. This option is open to anyone who would like to do so. I will be here late that night for the choir performance, so you can feel safe to hold them.This is not required, but it is required that you make time to meet with any parents who request it. If your conference slots are full for November 1 and 8, you can choose how to fit parents in before school, during your prep, after school until 4 or to extend your time slots to the evening of November 6. See Marsha if you have any questions.
- Cell Phone Violations Procedures are found here at the following link. Please familiarize yourself with the process. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo87qFzgaYYG4L5Tw6LKFdpQ7d_OHymU4UId1rL2qlI/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday School / Detention Supervisor Sign-Up – Please sign up to supervise a Friday School or Detention for the good of the school culture using the links below. Detentions will now be on Thursday AM and Thursday PM.
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.