End of Year Friday Feature
News and Notes for the Madison Staff (6/3/15)
Google Survey Results - Action Plan
More than 10 Madison teachers surveyed replied they were not Level 1 proficient and really needed assistance. Eric Slaughter has volunteered to come in and host a hands-on tutorial just for Madison during the Friday lunch hour!! If you are struggling with the basics, please plan on attending. RSVP with me so I can supply some treats! :)
- End of year "check-out" will be in your mailbox.
- Return "check-out" form to Kathy and Stacy when you are finished.
- Attendance reports will be run on Friday.
- Worlds of Wisdom will be using LLC classrooms, Art, Music, and Third Grade
- Tech Dept is taking desktops (save anything you want onto Google Drive or H Drive)
- Get painting needs to Kathy ASAP.
- DO NOT use kitchen, hallways or other areas as a "give-away" or "garbage" area.
- Use the garbage and recycling dumpsters instead! :)
- If you didn't use it this year, it needs a new home! :)
- MIT: Working on SIP in August, added Diane and MJ to team!
- BLT: Meeting on Friday, with possible quick survey for staff!
- Literacy: PD focus on writing next year. Exciting workshops coming!
- Math: PD focus on "Structured Math Talk". Great workshops coming!
- All Committees will be posting meeting notes on https://sites.google.com/a/cusd200.org/mountain-lion-lair/ next year.
Some Staff Changes
- Lisa Parrilli will be cutting to part-time next year (Monday-Thursday). Our Friday SW will be Jennifer Chromy.
- Josh Bachellor is scheduled to work at Johnson and Longfellow next year. Thanks Josh!
- Gretchen DeCraene looks to be our only music teacher next year. Thanks to Heather Novak!
- Big thanks to Sarah and Ruheena for all their work this year!
Technology - Summer Plans
- Schoogle offered on June 10! Consider attending!
- Laptops will be re-imaged over summer!
- Desktops in lab will all be re-imaged and wired (no more wireless needed in lab)!
- Smart TV coming to lab!
- Cart of 30 chrome books are coming!
- 12 chrome books coming to LLC!
- Certified staff all get a new laptop! Coming by July.
- Docking stations will be installed in all rooms that have projection!
Thu, June 4: Volunteer Appreciation Lunch
Thu, June 4: Field Day
Fri, June 5: 1st Grade Field trip
Fri, June 5: 12:00PM Google 101 (lab)
Mon, June 8: 3:15PM Farewell Parade (5th Grade and departing staff)
Wed, June 10: Schoogle Day!
Mon, Aug 17: Institute Day (at Madison all day)
Mon, Aug 17: 3-4PM Meet and Treat
Tue, Aug 18: Teacher Work Day
Wed, Aug 19: First Day (Grades 1-12)
Thu, Aug 20: First Day (EC-Kindergarten)
Mon, Aug 31: Curriculum Night (Grades K, 1, 2)
Wed, Sep 2: Curriculum Night (Grades 3, 4, 5)
Thu, Sep 3: Picture Day
Wed, Sep 16 and 17: Madison Run-a-Thon
Fri, Sep 25: Institute Day
Sat, Sep 26: PTA Trivia Night (new night)
Tues, Oct 27: Parent/Teacher Conferences
Thurs, Oct 29: Parent/Teacher Conferences
Thu, Nov 12: Multi-Cultural Day
Fri, Nov 13: Teacher Work Day