News from Edison Specialists
From the Music Room
News from Mrs. Spargo:
- Congratulations to the 4th and 5th Grade classes for a successful presentation of "A Pirate's Christmas!" A giant "round of applause" to those students for a job well done!!
- Currently, our 2nd and 3rd classes are working on the music to their upcoming musical presentation entitled, "Go West." Please be sure to save the date for this delightful production scheduled to debut on April 18, 2014. Stay tuned for further details:)
- The Fifth Grade Classes will be taking a field trip on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 to hear the Tacoma Symphony Orchestra perform a number of musical selections. This is a great opportunity for our students to experience live orchestral music.
From the Gym
News from Mr. Johnson:
- Jump Rope for Heart prizes should be arriving in a couple of weeks for those who participated.
- Health & Fitness concepts for 4th & 5th grade for the month include frequency, time, and type of activity guidelines for designing personalized exercise program for muscular endurance and muscular strength.
- Finishing jump rope assessments and moving on to basketball.
- Importance of teamwork and sportsmanship.
From the Library
News from Ms. Nettle:
Come to see all the latest new books at the Book Fair during conference week!!
- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! Kindergartners have been enjoying all his books.
- First & second graders will vote on their favorite Children's Choice book at the end of this month. I wonder which book will win the award?
- Third graders have been looking through the library on-line catalog for titles and authors.
- Fourth graders have been working with encyclopedias to find information.
- Fifth graders have been working with almanacs and indexes to find facts fast.
- 4th & 5th graders will vote on the Sasquatch book winner at the end of March!