BACK FROM BREAK IN APRIL
April 2, 2018
Science Fair - Coming Soon
- Set up is from 7:30 - 8:05 AM
- Public viewing will be from 10:15 - 11:15 AM
- Families need to provide a folding card table for each student project (please label your table with your family name)
- Families can pick up tables any time after 11:15 AM
School Calendars Approved
On March 19, 2018, the School Board approved the adoption of the school calendars for 2018-19 and 2019-20. You can find both the student and staff calendars by visiting the link to the district website below. You can also stop by the Jefferson office any time and get paper copies.
- Thank you to all the families who took time to come visit with us about the great things your children are doing here at Jefferson. We know you are all very busy, but it's a great message you send your kids when you show them the importance of their education by attending conferences with them.
- Thank you to the Jefferson PTO for the conference meals you provided to our staff. This is a gesture that's greatly appreciated by all. The new "meal themes" were a hot topic of conversation in the teacher's lounge, and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive. THANK YOU!
- A personal thank you from me, Mr. Johnson, to all of you who shared such positive words with me about our school and the Jefferson staff. Conference nights always fill me with pride as I get to see and hear how much the families we serve appreciate the tremendous efforts of our Jefferson team. Please know that we also appreciate all you do at home as our partners in educating the students of Jefferson School.
Pennies for Patients
What: Each student receives a collection box to bring home on April 3 and bring back to school on April 13. The goal is to collect as much "spare change" as possible. Proceeds benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The top three collecting homeroom classes will receive classroom rewards.
Why: It's an opportunity for all of us to donate to those who are battling diseases for which medical bills can pile up very quickly.
Our Jefferson families have a strong track record of giving generously to help others in need. Thank you in advance to all who are able to give!
JEFFERSON PTO NEWS
*Thank you to all of the families who donated food for the teachers' conference dinners! The food was a hit and so appreciated!
Art Fair/Book Fair
Thursday 4/26 from 5:30-7:30
*Scholastic Book Fair
*Hands on art stations
*Paint your own pottery
*Children's art will be featured at the art show and available for purchase with any donation.
Jefferson's Spring Carnival
May 17th from 5:00-7:30
*FOOD- Pizza, Hot dogs, ice cream etc.
Tickets can be purchased at the event.
PTO MEETINGS: from 5:30-6:30
Pizza and childcare will be provided.
If you would like to be involved or help with any of our events at Jefferson- please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DATES TO REMEMBER
Fri., 4/6 SCIENCE FAIR
Tues., 4/10 LATE START
Wed., 4/11 Last EXCEL
Thurs., 4/12 Grade 5 Wax Museum
Tues., 4/17 Are You Smarter Than the Fifth Graders?
Thurs., 4/19 Kindergarten Round Up 4:30 and 6pm
Thurs., 4/26 PTO Book Fair/Art Fair