August 30, 2022
Welcome back to our returning Mustangs and also welcome to our new Mustangs! Thank you for your help in making the First Week of School a huge success.
You already know that Safety and Security are our top priority, even if it takes a little extra time.
- Please be aware that every time you visit our school, you will be required to show your driver’s license and check in at the front office.
- Every individual will need to ring the doorbell, one at a time, and remember to close the door behind you and not hold the door for anyone.
- We may limit the number of people in the front office and vestibule as necessary.
Please mark your calendar and plan to attend your child’s Parent Night:
Monday, September 19, 6-7pm: Pre-K, KG, 1st, 2nd & ECSE
Tuesday, September 20, 6-7pm: 3rd, 4th, & 5th & LS
Please note the following schedule:
Bell Rings/Students Allowed In Instructional Areas: 8:25 am
Announcements: 8:45 am
Class/Instructional Hours: *8:45 am- 4:10 pm
*Students arriving after 8:45 am will be tardy
As always, we appreciate your patience the first two weeks of school as transportation works to ensure that all students arrive home safely and at the correct destination.
Parents, please remember that rolling backpacks should not be used at Millsap or on the bus due to safety and space considerations.
We are so excited to have our Mustangs back at Millsap! This is going to be another amazing year!
Joy Dauphin, Principal
Car Rider Line Reminders
A few reminders regarding car rider safety guidelines:
- Stay in the lane directed to by a staff member
- Students must enter and exit the vehicle on the passenger side
- In the morning, wait for a signal from a staff member to exit the vehicle
- A car rider tag is required to pick up your student (unless a note has been written for the day)
- Students without a transportation badge attached to their backpack will be sent to the front office to check out
- Please refrain from using Ravensway Center Drive - it is a private road and not open to thru traffic
- Car rider line closes promptly at 8:45. Starting at 8:45 you must park and check your student in at the front desk.
Thank you for helping us have a safe car rider line. 🙂
Student Chromebook Info:
Welcome Back, Millsap Mustangs!
We are so happy to see all of you. We are fortunate to have two counselors, Samantha Gregory and Cynthia Lopez. We would like to take the time to explain a few things that we have the pleasure of doing. The biggest component of the day is taking care of the students’ counseling needs. This includes: classroom guidance lessons done on a monthly basis; small group counseling; and individual counseling. We absolutely love working with children and their parents. Other programs that are done through the counseling department is Credit by Exam testing, Horizon (G/T) testing, EB Testing and programming, Mentors, and Community Engagement.
As school counselors, we also can help with connecting to community resources. One community resource is the Houston Food Bank. The Houston Food Bank allows for us to serve as a liaison for a program called Backpack Buddies. We send home canned and nonperishable foods home weekly in a backpack. If you are in need of this program, please call us at (281)897-4470. Other resources include outside therapists, church ministries, school supplies, backpacks, etc.
When in doubt, please call or email for any assistance. We look forward to working with you and your family.
Attention Transfer Students: Gifted and Talented Testing Referrals for Fall Screening accepted through 9/2/22.HORIZONS Gifted & Talented Program Referral Deadline for Transfer Students. Fall 2022 screening referrals are being accepted until September 2, 2022.This opportunity applies only to students new to CFISD who are transferring from out-of-state or private schools.
“Cypress Fairbanks ISD is Bringing Out The Best in every student! Please look here for more information about our new Character Education Program: https://www.cfisd.net/Page/7582 .”
Transportation Change Information
Transportation changes should be made in writing by sending a letter which includes the name of the child, the teacher, the date, and the signature of the parent/guardian.
Only emergency changes should be made through email to the Millsap email address, or by fax. Transportation changes that are emailed to Millsap must include the student's name, teacher name, date of transportation change, and a copy of the parent's ID. Any transportation changes and/or pick-ups after 3:15 pm require approval from an administrator.
- Please be aware that access into the building can be a slow process due to the check-in requirements. We encourage everyone to please plan at least 5-10 minutes to go through our check-in process. All adults will need to provide their driver’s license or legal identification card. There will be no exceptions. Even VIPS and other parents who come frequently will have to show their ID each time they enter the building.
Everyone is welcome to attend our first PTO meeting of this school year!
September 21st at 7pm in the Millsap Library.
**Home Room Parents Needed**
If you're interested in volunteering as a home room, parent please fill out the form below. We're looking for two volunteers per teacher. The sign up will close on 9/16/22. In the event more than two volunteers sign up for the same teacher, a drawing will be held during our first PTO meeting on 9/21/22. Emails will be sent to our home room volunteers on Thursday 9/22/22.
THE BIRTHDAY MARQUEE IS BACK!
Make your child’s birthday extra special by having their name showcased on the Millsap Marquee located in the front of the school for everyone to see!
Birthday wishes will be changed out every Friday (unless otherwise noted) and displayed for a week for all to see & celebrate. There will 5 spots available each week for Millsap Birthday Wishes.
Due to limited availability, we suggest to reserve your child’s marquee spot ahead of your child’s birthday. If your child's Birthday week is filled, consider the week before or after. Does your child have a summer Birthday? Consider celebrating their name on the Marquee on their Half Birthday!
The cost is $15 for each Birthday Wish.