S.H.E. Family Newsletter
April 16, 2021
Important Dates to Remember
- April 16: School Day for all students 9:15-3:15
- April 19-23: Spring Break, no school for staff or students
- April 26: Remote Day 9:15-3:15
- April 27: Remote Day 9:15-3:15
- April 28: Remote Half Day 9:15-1:15
- April 29: School Day for all students 9:15-3:15
- April 30: School Day for all students 9:15-3:15
- May 5: Early Release Day for students at 1:15
- May 12: BOE Meeting 7pm
- May 10: Progress Reports to be sent home with students
- May 28: Half Day for PD-1:15 dismissal
- May 31: No School-Memorial Day
- June 9: BOE Meeting 7pm
- June 18: Last Day of School
Third Graders participated in a mindfulness walk on Wednesday to the high school soccer field to take part in socially distanced yoga
Things to Know & Reminders
- April 19-23 is Spring Vacation and there will be no school. Additionally, the first three days after April break (April 26-28 will be remote days) for quarantine and testing purposes.
- We need your input for the Parent Climate School Survey. This is a survey that is taken yearly and provides us with the necessary feedback about the climate of SHE. Please take this brief survey here: https://forms.gle/2Kd5hSe4jKF6sBmX8
- Families utilizing the parent pick up/car rider line, you are able to utilize both the A and B lines. This is not by cohorting, simply just an organizational way for the the dismissal staff to know which line to use for each student. We didn't want to use numbers and confuse it with buses numbers:)
- SHE is looking to hire for a permanent and substitute paraprofessional classroom position. Please apply ONLINE under the external applicants section at https://www.applitrack.com/plainfieldschools/onlineapp/
- Parent pick up procedures have changed. Thank you to families who helped to trial a new double-lane dismissal procedure. With this change, instead of dismissing one lane of students, cars will double up, and we will double the amount of children being dismissed at one time. Safety is the most important factor. Cars will be asked NOT TO MOVE, until the front 6-8 cars are completed loaded and the vehicle doors are shut. We appreciate your patience and flexibility. This method has proven to cut down our loading time considerably and this will be helpful when we return all students next month. There is a buckling zone located by the basketball courts in case buckling takes a few extra minutes. You can ask the adult loading your child where the buckling zone is.
- A huge change to dismissal will be that buses will leave the parking lot as they are loaded. This means that families are not able to enter the parent pick-up line without prior notification to the office of the dismissal intentions. In other words, if the office does not hear from families by 2:30 pm that you will be picking up your child via our car rider line, your child will be placed on the bus. This decision was made as we need to prepare to bring all students back full time. We will be doubling bus loading times, as well as car rider times. Families who have sent a note for their child/children to be picked up every day via the car rider line would be all set. We appreciate your understanding, as we try to make dismissal as efficient and safe as possible.
- Please take advantage of the free breakfast and lunch for all students. This will be extended all year!