September 26th, 2023
Our Glacier Ridge community continues to grow. Last week many of our buddy classes met to engage in activities together. We can't wait for everyone to meet again!
This week is our Fun Run! We've done an outstanding job collecting donations. We are close to meeting our goal, but we are hoping for one last push to get there. Tomorrow is our last day to collect!
This week K-5 teachers are meeting to discuss academic data we have collected so far this year. We will be discussing ways to support our students through our MTSS framework.
We look forward to all the wonderful learning opportunities ahead.
Mrs. Hensley, Mrs. Reinhardt, and Dr. Gruper
- September 26th- Fall Picture Day
- September 27th- Fourth Fun Run Collection
- September 27th- GREO at Guzman y Gomez, Crystal Lake
- September 28th- PTA Fun Run (Student only event)
- October 9th- Columbus Day, NO school
- October 17th- Matthew Cordell, Author Visit
- October 27th- Butter Braid Fundraiser Begins
- October 31st- Halloween Classroom Parties
BPAC Technology Night Open House
We invite our multilingual families to a Technology Open House on Friday, September 29 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. This event is designed to bring the community together to learn more about the technology tools that keep you connected to your child’s school. Information will be available at stations for families to stop by & visit. Pizza and light refreshments will be served and the entire family is welcome! Click here to register.
Polar Bear Singers
Holiday Share Bear
Throughout the school year, various agencies and community members are interested in helping families who are temporarily in need around the holiday season. If your family would like to receive assistance, please review and complete this Holiday Assistance Consent form and return it to school by Friday, October 27, 2023.
At our Building Leadership team meeting, we analyzed student attendance. Although it is early in the year, we found several students with high absence rates. We know from research that good attendance supports a child's success in school. Please visit Attendance Works for more information on this topic!
PreK Morning Drop Off
Just a friendly reminder that car riders can begin entering the parking lot at 8:50 for drop off. Please remember to wait in your car until a staff member comes directly to your car to assist your child. If you are parking your car, please walk your child to the main PreK entrance (Door 10) for arrival. Thank you so much for your assistance as we transition our students into the building!
Glacier Ridge Eats Out
- GREO - Please join us tomorrow, Wednesday, September 27th from 4-8 pm at Guzman y Gomez in Crystal Lake for our 2nd GREO of the year! Please show this flyer when ordering, so 20% of proceeds can come back to Glacier Ridge!
Glacier Ridge Fun Run UPDATE
- We are getting close to our goal! Tomorrow is our LAST collection date! Send those manila envelopes in on Wednesday! Link for online donations: HERE! Here's an update:
- Mrs. Kolasinski's 3rd grade class has fallen from the lead, but not by much! Mrs. Semcken's Kindergarten class has moved to 1st place, and Mrs. Hinz's 1st grade class is in 2nd place. Mrs. Kolasinski's 3rd grade class is only $2.17 behind Mrs. Hinz in 3rd place. All the classes are so close! We know this final week will be a good one!
- Order your Spirit Wear today at https://tinyurl.com/GRSSpiritwear
Glacier Ridge School Directory
District 47 can not furnish data for a school directory. If you would like to be a part of a directory for Glacier Ridge, please fill out this form by September 30, 2023. This directory is assembled by volunteers in the PTA and is not associated with the school office or school district. Fill out as much information as you would like to share. The school directory includes: contact information for GR families (for those who wish to contribute) AND information on GR staff - including photos, favorite things, and other tidbits to help you get to know the GR staff (for the staff who wish to contribute). The directory will be distributed in early November, just in time for the holiday season! It’s also a great place to get contact information for play dates or birthday parties! Click here to submit your family’s information into the directory!
Like Us, Follow Us, Join Us!
Want to Volunteer?
Glacier Ridge PTA plans and implements activities, events, and fundraisers that require parent/teacher volunteers to execute. These are the committees that are currently available and need your support! A few committees already have the chairs and volunteers needed - but if you have a special interest in one or more of them, let us know! We can never have too many helping hands! Click this link to sign up! Or view this document to see current committee assignments and openings available.
Join the PTA
- Please join both or one of our PTAs! Wehde PTA will continue this year to support the Glacier Ridge Pre-K students and staff with the Glacier Ridge PTA.
Wehde PTA - supporting Glacier Ridge Pre-K
Glacier Ridge PTA - Supporting Glacier Ridge Pre-K-5th grades
Want to stay in the know? Be sure to join us on:
For any questions please email us at:
PBIS at Home
A great way to ensure consistency and routines is by implementing PBIS at school and at home! How do we do this?
1. Set Expectations
- Create a list of 3 -5 POSITIVELY worded expectations for the whole house. Keep it simple!
- Be respectful
- Be understanding
- Be helpful
2. Create Examples
- Create a few examples of what each of those expectations looks like for the house. Ask your kids to contribute!
- I can be respectful by… staying quiet when the adults are working.
- I can be respectful by… waiting for my turn to use the computer/device.
- I can be understanding by… recognizing our new reality and the challenges it presents.
- I can be helpful by… cleaning up the messes I make or cleaning up a mess I see.