Rosa Parks Journal
Week of February 1st
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education." -Martin Luther King Jr.
Black History Month, or National African American History Month, is an annual celebration of achievements by Black Americans and a time for recognizing the central role of African Americans in U.S. history. Since 1976, every U.S. president has officially designated the month of February as Black History Month. With that being said let's use this time to share the many contributions that were made by African Americans with our students. If you are planning on any special related activities with your class, please let me know. Also don't forget that each morning, we will be reading our "Who Am I", and students can bring responses to the cafeteria during lunch time. Use this time to continue to motivate our students that they one day can become a part of history...
GO TEAM ROSA!!!!!!!
Thanks to ALL the staff members that participated in the the EDINSIGHT Training on last Tuesday. I hope that each of you found the information session valuable and useful. Please continue to login and work through the system.
Thanks to following staff members that have dedicated their time for After School Tutoring. This shows your on-going commitment to ensure the success of our students her at Rosa Parks.
10th Annual Rosa Parks Day
If your students are having some difficulty with the topic, please consider the this topic that might be somewhat helpful.
What are some of the decisions you make now good or bad, big or small that could effect your life and others in the world in years to come?
ALL ESSAYS ARE DUE BY February 18th...
- Students in RED are to be progressed monitored EVERY WEEK.
- Students in YELLOW are to be progressed monitored EVERY 2 WEEKS
- Students in GREEN, progress monitor if you feel that it is needed. BUT please make sure that these students are continuing to move forward.
If you have any questions, please let me know or see Mrs. Holbrook.
Materials: Teacher Achievement Status and Growth Reports , 2 different color highlighters
- Highlight all students who met projected growth in one color
- Highlight all students who did not meet projected growth in a different color.
- What percent of students met projected growth targets? Why?
- What percent of students did not meet projected growth targets? Why?
- Did you use supports of the Learning Continuum?
Upcoming Dates / Events
Tuesday 2/2 -
Wednesday 2/3 - BLT Meeting 7:45-8:45 Principal PLC 9:30(Comer)
Thursday 2/4 -