Week of 1/9 - 1/13
Happy new year and welcome to 2017!! I hope you all had a fantastic winter break.
It's a little odd to be back for two days and then go right back into a weekend, but it's kind of nice also. We are able to ease our way back into the flow of things. As you can see I am trying out a new format for our weekly email. I built this on a website called smore.com. It's a free website, but if you like something a little more customized there is a subscription version as well, which is what I am using. It's pretty simple to use and it makes a good looking end product, in my opinion. Let me know what you think about the new Hawthorne Happenings updates.
Thank you and let's have a great 2017,
Last Week Highlights
- Welcome back - It was great to see everyone back from the break! Everyone seems relaxed. Honestly, I was expecting a lot more chaos, but our students were great and hardly skipped a beat. It feels like the start of a great year!!
- PBIS Expectation Rotation - Thank you for being flexible with your schedules so we could reinforce our expectations with our students. It can be burdensome to mix up your routine, but in this case I think this practice of re-stating our expectations will save us in the end.
Week of 1/9 - 1/13
Just as you do each and every day, it is important for you to encourage your students to try their best on these tests. Take time to remind your students to make sure they have:
- a healthy breakfast
- a good night's sleep
- and a positive attitude
It can not be overstated how important these things are to a student's success each and every day.
I can't wait to see how much they have grown!!
- 1/16 - MLK Day - No students - Teacher In-service
- 1/16 - FAST Assessment window opens
- 1/18 - SPED teachers will review PWN with Bonnie Peevler
- 1/20 - 2nd Grade - Eagle Days Field Trip from 8:30-12:00
- 1/20 - Amy Thacher is meeting with teachers during planning time to review data (Comp time provided)