Jordan School District January, 2016
Changes in Staff
This time of year at many schools there are changes in staff members. This could cause some anxiety about what to do with the MasteryConnect Benchmark data for the students being reassigned to a new teacher.
Don't worry about this. Simply make sure that the new teacher is in Skyward and the students have been assigned to him/her. Our "Clever" upload will take care of the rest. The students should show up in the new teachers trackers (when created) along with their scores.
If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact your Curriculum Technology Specialist for help.
Utah Education Network
- January 18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- New Flex Courses from the UEN Professional Development group.
- Request a UtahFutures Training
- New: Science Student Activities
- Pioneer Online Library: Gale & Google Apps for Education
- eMedia: 150+ new PBS titles
Happy New Year from your friends at UEN.
UEN NetNews and Professional Learning Update
In this issue:
* Free: Mummies of the World Exhibit – Jan 15
* Deadline: Excellence in Teaching Awards – Jan 15
* UEN's Resources for MLK Jr. Day – Jan 18
* Opening Day Utah Legislature – Jan 25
* UEN Staff Picks: Utah Futures OnRamp
* App of the Month: Pick-a-Path
* eMedia Feature: Great Hearts of Courage - MLK
Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
Google Apps for Education
Create Self Grading Forms
Flubaroo is a Google Apps for Education integrated tool that lets you easily grade assignments and do in-class assessments.
Flubaroo can be an excellent time saver for teachers and it is as simple as 1, 2, 3!
1. Create a quiz using Google Forms
2. Create an answer key by filling out your own form with the correct answers
3. Add the form to your Google Classroom or put a link to the form in a place where you want the students to access it.
4. Search “Add Ons” in Google Sheets for Flubaroo and click "Install"
5. After installation, there will be a new tab in Add Ons named "Flubaroo", click on that
6. Select "Grade Assignment," you will be asked a series of questions, (i.e. which set of answers is your answer key etc,)
7. Flubaroo does the rest, it will grade all forms based on the answer key. Try it for quick assessments, spelling tests and more.
8. You will get a second worksheet called "Grades" that will show you all of your student data. If more than 40% of students got a question incorrect, then the question is highlighted in orange to alert you of an area of difficulty for your students.