Wredling 6th Grade
* We Play, We Learn, We Grow Together *
First Day(s) of School
Schedule for Friday 8/21 to Friday 8/28
Subject Update - Language Arts
Welcome to 6th grade ELA! This week and next, we are working on getting to know each other, signing in to tech tools, and getting to know each other as readers and writers. We will be getting some writing samples from students as well as discussing reading expectations and setting goals.
Subject Update - Math
Subject Update - Science
Subject Update - Social Studies
We started off the school year with some get to know you activities. Many classes participated in a Class is Lava game where they answered questions and pretended that the floor is lava. To start off academically, we're going to have the students participate in a series of activities designed to get students to think like historians by making inferences about artifacts and using evidence and reasoning to explain their rationale.
Organizing Supplies - Core Classes
Students need the following in nearly every class:
1. Pencil Case with pens, pencils, scissors, colored pencils, earbuds, and highlighters.
2. Chromebook- **Charged at home**Super important because there are not enough outlets in the classroom
3. Planner. This is a great tool to keep work assignments and video conferencing times organized
4. Folders. Labeled folders (math, science, social studies, and language arts). Many kids found a home for these four folders in a trapper or a binder. It would be helpful if at home, parents could help students put their names and subject names on each folder.
Questions, Concerns, Things You Want Us to Know??
This year, students will be challenged to grow in many ways and if they are willing to work hard, you will love the direction that this journey will take. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns or questions. Emails, phone numbers, and agendas are all published in the 6th grade Hub linked below