Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of December 6th
- ***NEW: FEED-A-FRIEND - Wednesday, December 15th - please drop off donated items to Room 17 by the morning of the 15th, so 3rd Grade Students can sort and pack food.
- THANK YOU - Kenwel Printers on Indianola kindly donated high quality paper and poster board to our school.
- Crabby Girl Food Truck - Tuesday, December 7th at Colerain Elementary from 10:30a - 1:30p. - stop by for lunch!
- PTA Meeting - Wednesday, December 15th at 6p - zoom link:
- Colerain Winter Concert - Thursday, December 16th - see section below for more details.
- 30-Minute Early Release - Friday, December 17th - all students will be released at 3p on this day.
- Colerain "Winter Celebration" - Friday, December 17th - all Colerain students will get a gift and participate in Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanza activities.
- Missing Emails - be on the look out for mailers sent to your home address notifying you of missing email addresses in the Parent Portal. These emails are important to ensure you get all urgent CCS notifications. Please ensure your email (phone, and address) are correct.
- JOIN the Colerain Elementary Families Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/450787118284371
PBIS Tier I Practices - "Colerain Cash"
ALL Students are rewarded with Colerain Cash when any staff member sees them doing the right thing.
For example, following the Colerain Guidelines: 1. Be Respectful; 2. Be a Kind Friend; 3. Be Your Best Self, to name a few.
The students can either save the cash or spend it bi-weekly at the school store. Numerous items can be bought with varying “prices”.
CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions
***NEW: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SCHOOL CHOICE
Beginning in January, Columbus City Schools families will have the opportunity to enter the School Choice Lottery to send their children to schools outside of their local neighborhood or to schools with specialized programs.The School Choice Lottery is widely popular, with nearly 20,000 applications each year.
During our Thursday Virtual Family Engagement Session, our district’s enrollment experts will talk about the lottery process and the opportunity for families to learn more about all of our schools and find the right fit for their children.
Thursday Virtual Family Engagement Session
School Choice Lottery
Thursday, December 9
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (on Zoom)
Families can sign up for this informative session at www.ccsoh.us/rsvp.
Seeds of Caring
Seeds of Caring empowers kids to create a kinder community with their hearts, hands, and minds.
Click here to view at home and in person volunteer events. "Kind is Cool!"
Careers with Columbus City Schools
Looking for something new? Want to help shape the future of our District? Want to have the save time off as your students? Consider applying for one of the many opportunities that Columbus City Schools have to offer.
Columbus City Schools is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
View and apply here: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/2350
Autism Society - "Introduction to Self Regulation Through Movement" - Sunday, December 5, 2021 from 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM - register here for this $5 session.
Autism Society - "Together in Motion Pop Up Yoga Class" - Sunday, December 5, 2021 from 10:00 AM to 10:45 AM - register here for this $5 class
***NEW: Strategies to Promote Well-Being and Ensure Quality Care - Wednesday, December 8th at 4p - register here for this FREE class.
Clintonville Tree Lighting - Sunday, December 12, 2021 from 6:00p to 7:30p inside the Whetstone Community Center - this FREE event will feature music by the Whetstone High School choristers, children's crafts, hot chocolate, and cookies donated by Weiland's Market. Santa will visit to have his photo taken and hear wish lists with kids who attend. About 7:00 p.m., festivities will move outside to the evergreen tree in front of the Whetstone Library, where the lights will be turned on by a special guest and everyone can join in singing "Let There Be Peace on Earth."
- Ohio Department of Health: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Columbus Public Health: https://www.columbus.gov/c19vax/
- Children's Hospital: https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/health-wellness-and-safety-resources/covid-19/vaccine
- Your Pediatrician: call them to see if they are providing vaccines yet
- ***NEW: Black Mental Health: http://blackmentalhealthohio.com/columbus/
- ***NEW: Tutoring Resources: https://www.ccsoh.us/cms/lib/OH01913306/Centricity/Domain/2901/21-22%20Tutoring%20Resources%20A.pdf
- Ohio Hispanic Coalition - After School Program - see flyer below
- Action for Children - is the local child care resource and referral agency for Central Ohio; serving Columbus and Franklin County.
FREE Legal Help - https://cair-ohio.com/request-legal-help
LSS 211- CONNECTING NEIGHBORS TO RESOURCES
- ***NEW: FREE WINTER CAMPS - https://anc.apm.activecommunities.com/columbusrecparks/activity/search?onlineSiteId=0&locale=en-US&activity_select_param=3&activity_keyword=school%20out&viewMode=list
- ***NEW: WINTER CAMPS (various fees) - https://anc.apm.activecommunities.com/columbusrecparks/activity/search?onlineSiteId=0&locale=en-US&activity_select_param=3&activity_keyword=winter%20camp&viewMode=list
- Charity Newsies Clothing Program - applications are open!
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
- Special Ed Parent Mentor Program
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.