Weekly Campus and Principal Update
Today's Graduation Mindset ~ GRIT
Today's video shares with our students an excellent example of grit:
GRIT: [noun] - 1. persistence and perseverance in the face of adversity.
2. The most critical thing in predicting educational and professional success
Angela Duckworth is a MacArthur Genius Fellow, TED Speaker, Assistant Prof. of Psychology at UPenn whose work in Grit as a measure for success has gained an enormous following.
Follow this link to a YouTube video of Cody Coleman. Share this video with students and have a discussion about grit - what are other words that could by synonyms for grit? This can be a powerful discussion that will encourage our students to finish the year strong! GRIT alligns perfectly with MINDSET ~ you will be inspired!
For your classroom discussion, here are some of characteristics or dispositions of Grit:
- Perseverance and Tenacity
- Deliberate Practice
- Ability to Delay Gratification
- Passion-Driven Focus
- Self Control and Self Discipline
- Long Term Goal-Oriented
- Stick-to-it-ness Under Difficult Conditions
- Consistency of Effort
It's Counselor Appreciation Week!
61 Thousand Reasons to Give
Thurs. 2/6: 8th Grade Open House
- Dinner is served @ 5:15 in the Library Viewing Room.
- Wear school shirts - no jeans please.
Tues, 2/11: Staff Meeting in the library at 8:15 or 4:25
Thurs. 2/13: Leadership Team Meeting - Library Viewing Room
Fri. 2/14: Last Day for Pledge Forms ~ 61 Thousand Reasons to Give