Inspire Family Newsletter
News and updates for families of Inspire students
May 7, 2021
Dear Inspire Families,
It's staff appreciation week, and I'm filled with gratitude as I reflect on the work of our amazing staff in this last year. For our staff and teachers who reinvented every aspect of school to keep students safe, healthy, and learning this year, we can never repay you. We see you and honor your work.
Families, there is a lot going on as we wind down the year! Here are some events and activities to keep an eye out for:
1) Phantom of the Opera Streaming Video - May 7 and 8 at 7 p.m. and May 9 at 2 p.m. - Don't miss the opportunity to see this incredible full-scale musical. See details below to purchase tickets and watch with the whole family!
2) Inspire Board Meeting - Monday, May 10 - This Board meeting will include a public hearing of our Local Control Accountability Plan. The plan outlines Inspire's learning outcomes from last year, goals for next year, and actions for meeting student learning needs. As always, you are welcome to attend and we would love to hear from you. See the attached agenda for the Zoom link.
3) Inspire Parent/Guardian Information Meeting on May 13 at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom to discuss:
Schedule and calendar for the 2021-22 school year
Guidance and recommendations for in-person school
COVID vaccines for staff and students
Support for student academic achievement
Support for student mental health and well-being
Q and A
You can join us by clicking on the Zoom link below:
Meeting ID: 925 8435 0566
We will be sure to record the meeting for those who cannot attend, and will post the video to our weekly newsletter, and to the Inspire website.
As always, I welcome your questions, concerns, and good ideas! Feel free to call or email any time.
With gratitude and hope,
Inspire School of Arts and Sciences
Summer School Offered for June 14 - July 14
Inspire School of Arts and Sciences' online summer school program will be offered through a hybrid learning model: Students complete work online via Edgenuity, but attend school in-person. Inspire will be offering a four-week Summer School Session from June 14 through July 14 from 8:00 to noon each day. Students will come to campus daily, log into Edgenuity, and complete the work with support from an Inspire teacher.
If your child is in need of credit recovery and you are interested in enrolling them in summer school, please contact their counselor for more information:
Last Name A-K: Tasha Teeter email@example.com
Last Name L-Z: Marcus Hopkins@inspirechico.org
COVID Protocols: Updates and Information
- Physical distancing recommendations reflect a minimum of 3' between students in classrooms (revised from 6')
- Ventilation is a key component of a safe and healthy classroom environment
- Masks are still required at all times for staff and students
- Classrooms cleaned regularly (no longer required to disinfect)
- Students are expected to wash hands frequently, and to use hand sanitizer when entering or leaving the classroom
- Students experiencing symptoms of COVID should not come to school
Don't Forget to Enroll Your Incoming Inspire Students
2021-22 Inspire School Calendar
Messages from the main office:
In-Person Learners: Please report to campus no earlier than 8:15. Class will begin at 8:30 and be excused at 12pm, as they have for most of the year. Please do not linger on campus after class unless you have permission to do so.
- Please have your Covid-19 Parent/Student Agreement Form filled out and turned into the office upon arrival.
Distance Learners: No changes, please log on from 8:30 to noon.
Visitors Need to Sign-In At the Front Office When Coming to Campus.
Returning Materials to the Main Office
Please remind your student to return all school materials they are not currently using (text books, computers, chrome books, etc.) to the Main Office at their earliest opportunity as to avoid fines.
ALL materials should be returned to the school by the end of the school year.
Heads up Senior guardians, unreturned materials will inhibit your student from participating in Graduation activities.
Inspire is pleased to announce that we will be honoring our 2021 Inspire graduates with a Drive-In Graduation at the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds on Tuesday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m.
Families can attend in their own vehicles and enjoy a celebration of our Seniors' accomplishments with a virtual ceremony on the big screen. Students will have the opportunity to receive their diplomas in person, with a walk across the stage. We are also planning opportunities for families to take photos of their seniors with diplomas.
For questions, contact Becky Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Grad Night
This event is FREE and for Inspire seniors ONLY.
Please Register HERE.
Please let Celeste know if you have any questions or would like to help with Sober Grad Night.
email@example.com | 530-999-2882
Cap & Gown Pick-Up
If you have questions about your order or need to make a payment and for all other questions, please contact our Herff Jones Rep, Sandy Gonzalez. 530.343.1637
The Silver Hoods have JUST arrived, you'll need to pick one up in the office to make the "lewk" complete.
Last call for Yearbooks! The price is now $90. Please see below for purchasing options.
- Paying with credit card? CLICK HERE and enter school code 16210.
- Paying with cash or check? Fill out the order form and bring exact payment amount (not able to make change) to the front office during office hours.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Inspire Performing Arts Boosters
People always ask: “How can we/I help?”
Usual response is: “Fill our seats, spread the word to increase our audiences, make a program ad purchase, get goodies at the concessions booth, or donate time and items when called for.”
For ten years, this has been enough, but now these ways to help the Performing Arts have been obliterated by the pandemic. After waiting a year for things to improve, we have decided to form a new plan and WE NEED YOU! We have created an Inspire Performing Arts (IPA) Boosters Program. All donations will go directly to our programming and are tax deductible. We need to get through this and allow our students to have the amazing learning opportunities they deserve even if they look a little different.
Click here to visit our Boosters Website to find out how you can get involved!
Did you miss seeing The Phantom of the Opera live? Support our students and see an incredible production in the process...Celebrate Inspire doing one of the first live performing arts events in Butte County. Limited streaming passes still available... get yours today. The cost is just $25 per stream...that's just $6.25 a ticket for a family of four and cheaper if you have more people watch!
May 7th & 8th at 7:00PM
May 9th at 2:00PM
Cost $25 per viewing
Directions for Streaming Phantom:
2. After a person purchases the streaming ticket, they get a confirmation e-mail with a link.
3. Click on " Click Here To Open StreamPass"
4. On the day and time of the event, Phantom will be available for viewing through this link.
NOTE: If you click on this link now, it shows the day and time of the viewing.
Questions contact, Jarrah Myles
Inspire is having a fun family movie night / fundraiser at the Meriam Park Drive In on Saturday, May 22nd, to watch the movie “Grease.” Come support Inspire and feel free to dress the part! Located off of 20th Street with the entrance on Springfield, the movie starts at 8:30pm, with doors opening at 7:15pm. A portion of every ticket will go back to our school as well as 25% of concession sales! They sell the usual popcorn and candy as well as hot dogs and nachos, and even beverages for adults.So, let’s support the MP Drive In, and in turn, they will support us!
To buy your ticket, go to: www.meriampark.com/drivein
(Tickets go on sale 5/4/21 and are NOT sold at the door.)
Organized by the Inspire Production Team
Need to talk to about their schedule?
In need of emotional support?
Let us help!
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Tasha Teeter -students last names beginning A-K
Marcus Hopkins – students last names beginning L-Z
WHO YOU GONNA CALL?
- Call and leave a message at (530) 891-3133 or
- email email@example.com
For general questions, or material appointments:
- Call the front office at (530) 891-3090
For technology assistance:
- Call or email Ken Hardy
- (530) 891-3090 x209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To speak with your child's teacher:
- Call or email by visiting the "Staff" page on our Inspire website.
To speak with the Principal/Superintendent:
- Call (530) 230-7758 or email email@example.com