BSMS MEDIA CENTER NEWSLETTER
December Statistics 2013
- Check outs for December - 2,682
- Compared to this time last year - 2,488
- Check out for the year - 16,533
- Compared to this time last year - 15,038
- Number of classes in the library this month - 102 (semi-flexible schedule)
- Number of research classes - 12
- Number of classes in the library this year - 557 regular classes + 111 research classes
- Total AR tests taken and passed from 8/14-11/30 – 3,936
- New books processed by Donna - 157
Special Events Held in the Library in December
1. I-Pad Training
2. Parent Night
3. 2 - Battle of the Books Meetings
4. 2 - Academic Teams practices/research
5. Staff potluck
1. Mrs. Brewer completed all required internet safety instruction with the students.
2. Mrs. Brewer visited team meetings for 6th, 7th, 8th, and Spanish Immersion teams to teach about teachingbooks.net, answer questions on Evernote, & team planning.
Staff Members of the Month
Ms. Sloan and Mrs. Goode!!!!!! These two have used the media center well this month doing a project based lesson on the causes of the American Revolution. Students conducted research on their topics and created posters of the time period. Way to go! Stop by the media center for a little special treat just for you!