Creswell School District - 1/14/22
In this update:
- Message from the Superintendent
- Upcoming No School Days - 1/17 & 1/28
- School Board Appreciation Month
- VIDEO: Thank you, Creswell community!
- COVID-19 - How can families help?
- CSD COVID-19 Dashboard
- VIDEO: December in CSD
- ODE webinars for high school seniors and college students - FAFSA & OSAC Scholarships
- Oregon Teacher & Education Support Professional of the Year nominations
- FlashAlert - Stay Informed
Message from Superintendent Mike Johnson
Dear CSD Families,
With the omicron variant spreading rapidly through our community, there have certainly been many challenges to overcome. My foremost concern is the health and wellbeing of our students, staff, and the residents of Creswell. I hope those who are experiencing illness are recovering quickly.
Watching our team unite to meet obstacles fills me with deep appreciation for the dedication of our entire staff. Our team of school nurses has been heroic -- testing, contact tracing, and helping guide families while continuing to perform their regular health duties. I am grateful for the teachers, substitutes, and staff who have taken on extra shifts and coverage, whether in class, at recess, or driving bus routes, to keep our schools open. Our administrators are dauntless, working constantly to make the adjustments needed to provide quality instruction and help students thrive. Whether revising employee schedules, assisting students, handling supervision, or substituting themselves within a class, they wear countless numbers of hats and do so with grace and professionalism. We are so fortunate to have so many who truly embody the ideals of “One Team, One Dream.”
Thank you for your ongoing support and for doing your part to help protect the health and safety of our community by following the recommendations shared below.
School Board Appreciation Month
Lacey Risdal, Board Chair
Ashley Miller, Board Vice Chair
Kandice Lemhouse Worsham
Thank you, board directors, for caring about our students' futures and helping set them up for success! We are grateful for each of you!
Thank you, Creswell community!
COVID-19 - How can families help?
As part of a recent School Health Advisory, the Oregon Department of Education asked for assistance from families and the community to help maintain in-person instruction for students. To help minimize disruption of in-person learning due to quarantine and isolation:
- If your child is ill, do NOT send them to school. If they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, seek a COVID-19 test. COVID-19 symptoms can include cough or sore throat, temperature of 100.4 F or higher, chills, shortness of breath, difficulty breath, a new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headaches, nasal congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Get vaccinated. Vaccines against COVID-19 are available and recommended for everyone age 5 and older. The CDC recommends everyone age 12 and older get a booster dose; timing recommendations vary by vaccine manufacturer. For additional information about vaccines and upcoming area clinics, please visit the Lane County Public Health website or OHA's Get Vaccinated site to learn more.
- Limit gatherings with people from other households to the extent possible. If you are visiting people from another household, you should wear a mask, maintain physical distancing, and keep activities outdoors whenever possible.
As we navigate the uncertainty that the omicron variant brings, our goal is to preserve in-person learning opportunities using protocols and layered safety measures to help protect the safety and wellbeing of our students and staff. Thank you for your patience as we monitor and implement COVID-19 guideline changes.
CSD COVID-19 Dashboard
December in Creswell School District
ODE Webinars for high school seniors and college students - FAFSA & OSAC Scholarships
Walk through the FAFSA/ORSAA with us and bring your specific questions.
January 25, 2022, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm (Register)
February 8, 2022, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm (Register)
Finding Funds & Scholarships
Walk through Federal and State financial aid resources and OSAC's scholarship process.
January 27, 2022,5:30 pm – 6:30 pm (Register)
February 10, 2022, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm (Register)
Meet 1:1 to start, edit, submit your FAFSA/ORSAA
January 19, 2022, 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm (Register)
February 2, 2022, 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm (Register)
February 16, 2022, 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm (Register)