Get Your Game On! READ!
Blythewood Middle Reading Program
2015-2016 Reading Program at BMS
Get Your Game On! Read! is a voluntary reading program at Blythewood Middle that encourages students in grades 6-8 to READ FOR THE FUN OF IT! Students participating in the challenges will select their own books to read. The books may come from any genre; however, students will need to follow the guidelines as to the number of chapter books and nonfiction books to read. After reading each book, students will complete a book review or other book-related activity. Students will be presented with a reading challenge each nine weeks. For every accomplished reading challenge, students will receive an invitation to a reading celebration in the media center.
3rd Quarter Reading Program
- Submit 3 book reviews by March 22 to earn an invitation to our 3rd quarter reading celebration!
- Complete a Columbia Fireflies reading program log by April 15th to earn 1 free ticket to a Fireflies game, 1 free ticket Edventure and more! Visit the Columbia Fireflies website to learn about this new program. Pick up a Columbia Fireflies reading log from your ELA teacher.
2nd Quarter Reading Program Activities
Book Mark Design Contest
Turn in your book mark design by Monday, Nov. 16th. During American Education Week, we will vote on the best design and have it professionally printed. Visit the library website to download an entry form: http://bmslmc.weebly.com
Read Your Way to the Big Game Challenge!
- Read 3 books by Oct. 28
- Complete an online book review for each book.
- Earn an invitation to Minute to Win It games in the library.
- *At least 2 books must be chapter books.
- Students participating in the EOC contest will submit completed reading logs by November 9th. Rules for that contest may be found here.