You Care - You Share
What is “YOU CARE - YOU SHARE”
According to the demographic studies conducted in 2017, 15.32% of Ukrainians are people over 65 years old, which is around 6.9 million of the population in general. The country takes the first rank in the world in terms of the natural decline of the population. Around 91.000 of youngsters in Ukraine are in orhpand or are educated in the specialized establishments for children with disabilities. During recent months the situations has worsened due to a unstable economic and political situation in Ukrainie. Thus, we would like to focus on those categories of people who need extra support and care.
Last two years the Hosting Organization "CENTER FOR EUROINITIATIVES" works in promoting volunteering and empowerment of young people through the net of charity events.
A short-term volunteering ptoject "YOU CARE - YOU SHARE" is a cooperation between 6 organizations from Portugal, Poland, Italy, Turkey, Greece and Ukraine. The project's idea is to engage European youth into developing a charity campaign in the city of Sumy which aims at organizing events for disadvantaged youth, children from specialized establishements and eldery house made in the cooperagtion with local volunteers, Network of school euroclubs, CEI Volunteering Club. European volunteers will team up with local volunteers and work jointly at all stages of the project. The mixed team will develop the project from scratch to the stage when it requires minimal coordination and is sustainable. The bilateral collaboration will allow the Ukrainian young people to have a first hand experience in working together on a project with their European peers and will raise their awareness of European values, ethics, European institutions and culture.
- promotion and enhancing of the active citizenship among European and Ukrainian youth;
- developing the idea of sustainable lifestyle, promoting human values, understanding of cultural diversity;
- raising awareness about the opportunities of EVS among youth;
- fostering of tolerance and sence of entrepreneurship among young people;
- promoting Erasmus+ as an opportunity for integration of youth in the local community and in an international context;
- increasing youth participation in community and civic life;
- assisting Ukrainian youth in creating and conducting youth projects of their own;
- encouraging intercultural learning, European Citizenship.
This project focuses on youth and its participation, discovering one’s own culture by learning about another culture will be part of our message. We hope the project will raise the awareness of local community about the needs of people with fewer oportunities.
Experimentáculo - is a youth association based in Setúbal since 2006, with a mission in the area of Culture, Arts and Heritage.
Among the various activities organized regularly, namely in the area of Music and Cinema, Experimentáculo has been the promoter of the Setúbal Film Club since 2009, and the FUMO - Urban Festival of Music and Other Stuff since 2010.
In the House of Culture, Experimentáculo promotes the Emergencies cycle, dedicated to emerging bands, both national and international, among other punctual activities.
In addition, the Experimentáculo also promotes European youth mobility projects, being an accredited host and sending EVS (European Volunteering Service).
Center for European Initiatives — is public nonprofit organization, created on the principles of voluntarily participation, human rights, freedom of speech, common interests, self-government and equality of rights for its members, as well as for the protection of our legal interests, rights, and freedoms.
Goal: to assist in the reformation of Ukraine in accordance with European standards, to introduce democratic values, and to develop civil society in Ukraine using educational and informational methodologies.
The project "YOU CARE - YOU SHARE" was created for creative people who are interested in working with children, volunteering and helping people. CEI always encourages volunteers to develop new activities, own initiatives and ideas as long as they are in the framework of the project. We require no specific skills, but happy to have a flexible and creative people. Also we do not require any professional qualifications, but rather interest and enthusiasm.
We are searhing for young people who:
- are 18-30 years old;
- are enthusiastic and energetic;
- are eager to learn, enjoy working with youth and full of creative ideas;
Strong organizational skills are considered very useful as the ability to communicate in English, and be willing to study either Russian or Ukrainian (as not all people they will work with speak English). In addition, people with singing, dancing, playing musical instruments skills are welcomed.
- should be comfortable living on their own;
- be able to adapt to new situations;
- have good problem-solving skills;
- work and live in the mixed groups of volunteers from different nationalities that will have their project at the same time at CEI.
CEI does't mind to involve volunteers with fewer opportunities into the project and ready to accept such applicants with:
1) Economic obstacles;
2) Geographical obstacles;
3 )Educational difficulties
You can find more details HERE.
The project is inclusive and it is open for all interested people, who are under the demands of Eraswmus+ volunteering projects.
The main product of the project "YOU CARE - YOU SHARE" is to organize the set of charity events in Christmas period (December 18th - 27th) for the youngsters and adults in the orphanages, specialized schools and the eldery house together with the local volunteers and the school euroclubs members. During the project the volunteers will learn how to organize and manage charity initiatives, promote their campaign among the local community using various means and methods, learn from their peers and also from the local volunteers, meet new culture and get to know the basics of the language, develop and grow as a personality with the sense of initiativeness and compassion.
In the frames of the project volunteers are proposed:
- to organize various workshops and activities for children and young people;
- to conduct sport and active games;
- to promote the European values and active citizenship, civic responsibility, community service,
- to distribute ides of Europe, friendship between people and peaceful coexistence;
- to lead kids groups;
- to teach leadership skills to youth and provide them with knowledge about EU, European integration;
- to promote cultural diversity and break stereotypes about the volunteer’s countries;
- to explain and operate with the basic concepts of tolerance, mutual respect, sense of responsibility particular in relation to the world, human rights;
- to promote of voluntary service among local youth.;
- to organize entertainment events;
- to fulfill volunteers' blog and FB pages of the organization.
The Programme is flexible. It could be changed and adapted according to the interests and ideas of the participants and volunteers. The dates of each event will be agreed with the administration of the establishments, where the activities are planned to be conducted.
Best example EVS Project "ZOOM YOUR SUMMER" 2017
One of the most successful similar projects was in summer 2017. The major idea of the EVS project "Zoom Your Summer" was to engage European youth into organizing and conducting summer schoolyard, tent and stationary camps for local youth on leadership, European values and active citizenship. Our volunteers provided fun, cultural and educational experience to youth of summer camps as well as information about four different European cultures. As the result solidarity and cross border relationships between Ukrainian youth and their European neighbors, respect of the broad diversity that exists in Europe were developed. The integral part project was to obtain direct knowledge and experience about present realities of youth, their difficulties, dilemmas and ambitions both EU and partner countries representatives.2017-1-PL01-KA105-036397
Poland, Portugal, Romania, Lithuania
Sumy (Суми [ˈsumɪ]) is a city in north-eastern Ukraine, and the capital of Sumy Oblast (region). Population: 250 000.
The city of Sumy is located on the banks of the Psel River, at its confluence with the Sumka River. There are several versions of the origin of the name of Sumy. According to the first version, the name of the city comes from the name of the rivers it was founded on (the Sumka and the Suma).
According to another version, Sumy received its name after the 3 “bags” (“suma” means “bag”) with gold coins found on the site of construction. Today, these “bags” are reflected on the coat of arms of Sumy.
Some researchers believe that the name of the city comes from the Ukrainian verb “sumuvaty” (to grieve), appealing to the feelings of migrants who were away from their native land.
The architectural appearance of the central historical part of Sumy was formed in the period from the end of the 18th to the beginning of the 20th centuries. Today, Sumy is famous for its wonderful pedestrian areas with historical buildings, cathedrals, and monuments.
The City Day of Sumy is celebrated on the first Saturday of September in memory of the fact that the city was liberated during the Second World War on September 2, 1943.
- a valid international passport;
- the invitation from CEI (volunteers will be provided by the scan of the invitation);
- Cigna Insurance;
- good mood and motivation to make great thing for the local community :)
Transfer to Sumy
You can get to Sumy from 3 main airports in Kyiv and Kharkiv:
There will be the instruction letter with the transfer information to the place of venue as soon as the Hosting Organization gets your travel plans. You will get to Sumy either by train or by a minibus. The price of the tickets to Sumy from Kyiv or Kharkiv will be around 300 - 350 UAH (9-11 euro).
HERE you can check the schedule of the trains. If you need HO's support with the booking, we will organize it for you.
A seat in the minimus will be booked for you if you choose this means of transport to Sumy.
There could be three possible variants of accommodation:
1. Volunteers will live in a shared apartment. This is an average modest flat which contains all necessary things for living: a washing machine, a fridge, bed linen, kitchen utilities and kitchenware available for cooking, Wi-Fi router.
Towel and stuff of the personal use is volunteers' responcibility.
2. Volunteers will live in a Students' campus with the shares rooms and common kitchen.
3. Volunteers will live in a hosting families.
In CEI office there is a separate room where the volunteers may prepare for their activities, language clubs etc. There is Wi-Fi there so if volunteers have a possibility we would recommend you to bring your laptop or a tablet for personal use. It is better if you have your own laptop in order to work at home.
You may use the technical equipment available at CEI to prepare for your activities. The activities themselves will take place in different locations.
The first week after volunters' arrival will be an adaptation week. Volunteers will see the place of work, get to know the people and the current volunteers, get acquaintance with people from the community.
The working schedule is flexible but no more that 6,5 - 7 working hours per day. I the volunteers are involved at weekends, they will get free days during the week.
- for Portuguese participants - 530 euro;
- for Greek participants - 275 euro;
- for Italian participants - 360 euro;
- for Polish participants - 275 euro;
- for Turkish participants - 275 euro.
All the volunteers will get the pocket money, money for food and local transport . The volunteer's allowance is given in the 1st week of each month.
Coordinators, mentors and staff support
The project is financed by the Portuguese NA. All general matters of the project will be followed by partner organizations involved in it. During the whole process of the project each volunteer will be supported by 2 coordinators - sending and hosting and a mentor from local community in Ukraine.
The Coordinating Organization (CO) is Experimentáculo (Portugal).
The responsibilities of CO:
- financial and administrative responsibility for the entire project towards the National Agency;
- manage the grants that the parts involved in the project will receive, financial issues: the reimbursement of the travel cost, sending cost;
- keep permanent contact with all involved organizations during the project and assist them in case of any problems;
- coordinate the project in cooperation with all sending and receiving organisations;
- coordinate between the sending and hosting parts throughout the whole duration of the project;
- offer support to the volunteer(s) regarding the quality of their task;
- prepare reports for the European Commission;
- ensure the visibility, and dissemination of the project.
The responsibilities of Sending Organizations (SO):
- enroll each volunteer to get the obligatory Volunteering Health Insurance card (Cigna company) and explain the insurance plan foreseen in the Erasmus+ Programme;
- arrange, with the receiving organisation, the best outgoing international
transport tickets for the volunteer, in relation with costs and time, according to the programme rules;
- provide support for the learning/Youthpass process;
- be in contanc with the volunteers and support in the case of any problems;
- make sure that the volunteers make the Final report.;
- make the “Final Evaluation Meeting” after volunteers' arrivat to home, aiming to reflect on the EVS project as a whole;
- intergate the volunteer in the local community after the project;
- ensure the visibility, and dissemination of the project.
The responsibilities of RO:
- preparethe volunteer’s agreement;
- make the “Final Evaluation Meeting” aiming to reflect on the EVS project as a whole;
- ensure the visibility, and dissemination of the project;
- give all administrative and pedagogical information needed for the realisation of the project;
- find a suitable mentor for the volunteer(s);
- help the volunteer(s) to integrate in the local community, adjust to the surroundings, socialize with local youth and overcome any possible cultural shock;
- organize activities suitable to the objectives of the project and encouraging the volunteer(s) to develop their own ideas;
- provide assistance for the tasks that the volunteer(s) will have;
- provide suitable living conditions to the volunteer(s) (allowance, accommodation, food, local transport);
- provide the support of the volunteer(s) in completing the Youthpass form;
- manage conflicts between all parties involved;
Volunteers will be asisted by experienced mentors from the local volunteers. CEI will try choose the mentors according to your interests and age.
Office maganer of CEI will provide volunteers with the practical support during thir stay in Sumy in the frame of the project.
The project "YOU CARE - YOU SHARE" is financed with the support of European Commission’s “Erasmus+: Youth in Action” administered in Portugal by the Portuguese National Agency. This publication reflects only the author’s views, and the National Agency cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained there in.