September 19, 2022
Monday through Thursday: 8:35 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Friday: 8:35 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Half day early release: 8:35 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Attendance line: 360-563-4888
*After school plan changes please call the main line or email:
Picture day is scheduled for Tuesday, September 27, 2022. We will have photos taken during the school day. This year ID, cards will be used for student library cards. Students will be able to take their ID cards home at the end of the school year.
Picture packets will be sent home today. You can also order pictures online at: https://www.dorianstudio.com/
If for some reason your child is absent, we have picture retakes scheduled for November 8, 2022.
We are looking for volunteers to help with both picture days. Please email email@example.com if you are interested.
Sixth Grade Band
Bus Transportation Information
Please continue to check your child's bus route information. It is necessary for our Transportation Department to adjust bus route schedules to reflect a more accurate drop off time for all bus routes.
To check your child’s bus route, Snohomish School District is now using Traversa Ride 360!
Traversa Ride 360 provides secure access to student bus schedule/routing information. Traversa Ride 360 provides quick access to your child's bus schedule/routing information, which can include the bus stop, route, and bus number. This is accessible on mobile devices, and confidential and secure. This program can be accessed via the web or mobile app and is free to download and use. The user guide can be downloaded by clicking one of the links below:
- How to access the Traversa Ride 360 website - English
- How to access the Traversa Ride 360 website - Spanish
Parents/guardians will still need to use their student ID# (include the initial 0 if there is one) and student date of birth to add their student to the app.
Traversa Ride 360 website - https://wasnohomishsd201.traversaride360.com/
Please call the office or transportation if you have questions.
Student Calendar 2022-2023
Snohomish Boys and Girls Club
Location: 402 2nd St, Snohomish WA 98290
Club Hours: Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Please contact the Boys and Girls Club for before and afterschool care information.
District Approved Community Fliers
- Affordable Connectivity Program
- BridgeWhiz Grades 4-12
- Climb the Mountain Free Online Speech and Debate Programs
- COVID-19 Study Conducted by UW and the Center for Health Research at Kaiser Permanente Northwest - You and your family are invited to join a research study to help understand more about COVID-19. You do not need to be vaccinated to participate. You will receive free weekly COVID-19 PCR tests delivered to and picked up from the convenience of your home. Learn more at cascadiastudy.org.
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Everett Philharmonic Orchestra Young Artists Concerto Competition
- Everett Rowing Fall Registration
- GPHS Fall Cheer Clinic September 30
- Grizzlies Select Basketball Association 2022-23 Tryout Schedule 5th through 8th Grade Boys and Girls
- Let Me Run Registration - Boys
- Let Me Run Registration - Boys Seattle Hill Elementary
- Reflections School of Dance Fall Programming 2022
- Snohomish Basketball Association Tryout Schedule 5th through 8th Grade Boys and Girls
- Snohomish for Equity Youth Committee Application
- Taekwondo for Kids
- TOP Soccer - Fall Volunteer Opportunities
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
Machias Parking Lot Plan
Like most schools, Machias experiences large back-ups at both arrival and dismissal. Due to the space we have, there is no easy fix. We have and continue to work with Snohomish County and the Snohomish School District to address safety concerns in our parking lot and know the guidelines below will help expedite the student pickup/drop off process.
- Please be patient. Smiling is highly encouraged while in the pickup/drop off area!
- When entering the row of parked cars, split to form two lanes. This will continue through the parking space area.
- Using two lanes will continue until the lines curve to the left. At this point, they will converge to form one lane again through the actual pick-up area. Cars from the two lanes will alternate as they merge into one. Please remember to be courteous and wait for your turn.
- As students are loaded into cars by our staff, those cars may pull to the left and leave the pick-up area and parking lot. Cars still in line should pull as far forward as possible so that we can load cars efficiently.
- Please do not “cut” into line or speed so we can ensure safety for all.
- If you want/need to enter the building, please park in designated parking spaces.
- Refrain from talking/texting on the phone. This creates an unsafe situation for our students.
- Out of respect for our neighbors, please do not turn around in neighboring driveways (use Beach Dr, north of the school).
- Do not drive on the grass beyond the paved shoulders.
- When arriving, please do not drop your student off before 8:25 a.m.
- Students should be in their classrooms by 8:35 a.m.
- When dropping off, please do not stop at the crosswalk area – pull all the way forward to fully utilize the large sidewalk area for students to enter the building.
- Dismissal is at 3:15 pm (1:15 p.m. on Fridays).
We appreciate your patience & respect for our students, parents/guardians, neighbors, and the dismissal team!
Volunteers are valued partners in the education of Snohomish School District students. We encourage family and community members, as well as local businesses, to consider serving in our schools. Not able to volunteer during school hours? Many schools offer volunteer opportunities that can be completed at home. Volunteering is an excellent way to demonstrate to our students the value our community places in their education and their school.
Volunteers in the "educational setting" are required to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical exemption per state Proclamation 21-14.5. On Friday, May 20, 2022, Governor Inslee amended the state's vaccination proclamation to exclude the vaccination requirement for volunteers and contractors whose work is primarily in an outdoor setting. Volunteers in the "educational setting" whose work is primarily indoors must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (boosters not required) or have an approved religious or medical exemption on file with the school district. Volunteers seeking a religious or medical exemption should contact their building principal for more information on the approval process for those types of exemptions. (Note: On September 8, 2022, Governor Inslee announced that the state's vaccination requirements for employees, volunteers and contractors in the educational setting will end by October 31, 2022.)
To volunteer in our district, all volunteers must also complete the online form below. For the safety of our students, volunteer applicants must undergo a Washington State Patrol background check before beginning service. This process must be completed every two years.
- Click here to complete the online volunteer application process
- Click here to download the Snohomish School District volunteer handbook - English
- Click here to download the Snohomish School District volunteer handbook - Spanish
- Volunteer athletic coaches - Prior to beginning any volunteer coaching activity, it is the responsibility of the volunteer to meet with the head coach, building athletic director and complete and submit all required paperwork. Click here to download the required volunteer coach paperwork.
A background check will be conducted after you submit your online application. You will then receive an email with your approval status. Volunteer applications are valid for two years from the approval date. Upon approval, please bring the email and badge received to the school office where you will be volunteering.
If you do not have a valid photo identification, or if you have limited access to email and the internet, please let us know. For more information, please contact us at 360-563-7280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.