LEHS Band Newsletter
Week 6 (September 17-21, 2018)
Weekly Rehearsal Schedule
Monday - 5:00-8:00 pm (LEAC)
Tuesday - 4:00-6:00 pm (LEHS) - No Color Guard
Wednesday - 3:00-4:00 pm - Sectionals / 4:00-5:00 pm - All-Region Masterclasses
Thursday - 4:00-6:00 pm (LEHS)
Friday - No Game! (Bye Week)
LEHS vs. Lone Star (LEAC)
Friday, Sep. 28th, 7pm
1151 East Eldorado Parkway
Little Elm, TX
* All band members will be wearing the marching band uniform. Please be sure these students have their gray band shirt, comfortable athletic shorts, and long black socks to wear with the uniform.
* Girls and guys with long hair need to either have the hair pulled back tight and up (hats) with pins or with hair product. A "du-rag" is often the best option for the guys with longer hair. The hair cannot be below the collar of the uniform.
* Girls that play the flute, clarinet, and percussion need to have clear nail polish or nothing at all. These students wear either fingerless gloves (woodwinds) or no gloves at all.
* Jewelry is not permitted in uniform, with the exception of stud earrings.
Parents, please join the MARCHING BAND PARENT REMIND (click link).
After the game....please join us! (Band Tradition)
US Bands Contest @ Burleson
Saturday, Sep. 29th, 12:30pm
100 Elk Drive
Burleson Contest Itinerary
7:00 am - Rehearsal @ LEAC
8:30 am - Load Trailers
8:45 am - Breakfast provided by LEBB / Change into Uniforms
9:45 am - Load Busses / Depart for Burleson, Tx
10:45 am - Arrive at Burleson ISD Stadium / Unload
11:45 am - Warm-up
12:30 pm - PERFORMANCE - GO LOBOS! (Group V)
* Lunch is on your own at the stadium. Please bring $.
3:45 pm - Finalists Announced
4:15 pm - Dinner (TBD)
6:30 pm - FINALS Competition Begins
9:45 pm - Awards Ceremony
10:15 pm - Depart for LEHS
11:15 pm - Arrive @ LEHS (*Please check the Parent Remind)
Tickets for US Bands Burleson = $14 each (Full Day Pass). Please send payment for tickets before 9/28. Checks payable to LEBB. Tickets are $21 at the door.
Lobo Band Parent Checklist
By now, all band parents should have submitted the following online:
*Please be sure that all BAND FEES/DUES are paid in full ASAP. This will ensure that your child will receive any items ordered through the band boosters in a timely manner. Payments may be made by check/cash through the band office or online at charmsoffice.com, through the use of Paypal. Instructions on how to login to Charms may be found on our band website (lehsband.com). Thank you!
Disney Deposit ($200) is Due on Friday! (9/21)
All parents need to complete a volunteer form for the new school year. This allows you to chaperone or volunteer any band event within the school year.
LET'S MAKE 2018-2019 A GREAT YEAR FOR OUR LOBO BAND!
September 21 - Bye (NO GAME)
September 22 - Metropolitan Winds Concert (LEHS)
September 28 - LEHS vs. Lone Star (LEAC)
September 29 - Burleson Contest (US Bands)
October 5 - LEHS vs. Centennial (Toyota Stadium, Frisco)
October 6 - Classic on the Lake
Band Hall Phones
Frank Felice (ext. 25108)
LeAndre Benton (ext. 25110)
Matt Neal (ext. 25109)
Kristen Zotti (ext. 25109)