"Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable."
Coco Chanel as an Entrepreneur
1910 - Chanel opened her first shop on Paris's Rue Cambon
- Started only selling hats
- Added stores in Deauville and Biarritz
- Began making clothes
1922 - Chanel launched her first perfume, Chanel No. 5
- Fragrance was backed by Theophile Bader & Pierre & Paul Wertheimer
- Chanel only received 10% off the profits
1925- Chanel introduced legendary Chanel suit and Little Black Dress
- Stressed the need for comfort over constraints
- Helped women clothing move away from corsets
- Began designing costumes for plays
During WWII Chanel fled to Switzerland to escape controversy of an affair
1954 - Chanel returned to Pairs
- Expanded her industry by making pea jackets and bell-bottoms
1969 - Broadway made a musical of her life
After opening her first shop in 1910, Chanel's fashion industry thrived into an empire that is still around today.
Chanel's fashion industry was such a success because nobody had seen fashion like it before.
- Passion for life in general
- Creative in her designs
- Independent of others
- Assertive, Direct
- Confident in herself