The Valley View
Weekly Family Newsletter, September 25, 2020
Parents/Guardians are required to login to the parent portal and complete the daily COVID 19 Student Screener prior to sending their child(ren) to school. Click the button for directions.
HARRISON HOMEWORK HIATUS
Lifetouch has shared yearbooks are in production. More information will be shared as soon as it is received. Thank you for your understanding.
PICTURE DAY IS NEXT WEEK
Our fall picture day is approaching. Please read the following information regarding pictures for hybrid and virtual learners.
Hybrid Learners - Picture Day is Wednesday, September 30th. Pictures will be taken during AM and PM cohort sessions. There will be three photographers present. Homeroom teachers will communicate picture times with their classes.
Virtual Learners - Picture Day is Thursday, October 1st, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM in the gym. Students should enter the building by the gym foyer. There will be three photographers present. Students who are learning from home should plan to attend at the following designated times:
- Fourth Graders: 3:00 - 4:15
- Fifth Graders: 4:15 - 5:30
- Sixth Graders: 5:30 - 6:45
Virtual Only Siblings, please come together with the youngest child's time slot.
PTA NEWS, EVENTS, & INFO
- Join the PTA. Click on the link for more info.
- Room Parent - Click on the link for an informational flyer
- A PTA Family Event is planned for 9/26/2020 at Duffields' Farm. Click on the link to learn more about the Fall Family Event.
USDA AND STUDENT MEAL UPDATES
We have been notified that to minimize the continued challenges during COVID-19, the USDA is allowing meals to be offered to all students at no charge from now through December 2020. Schools are still required to report meals according to USDA guidelines; therefore, families that wish to be considered for free and reduced meals under normal circumstances should still continue to complete the free and reduced lunch applications and send them back to the school. If you have any questions, please contact Angela Otlowski at email@example.com or at (856) 478-2016 ext. 7153.
You must order lunches by Wednesday at 6 PM for the following week. The links to the forms can be found at: https://www.harrisontwp.k12.nj.us/domain/1193
Click HERE to access the informational flyer.
A PEEK AT NEXT WEEK
- PTA Mtg. 7:00 pm
- Instrument Rental Pickup - 4:00-5:30 PVS Parking Lot
- PVS Portraits for In-Person Students
- Homework Hiatus
- Virtual Portraits 3:00 - 7:00, see the schedule above
- School Color Day
Further out on our calendar . . .
- October 5 - 9: Fire Prevention Week, Respect & Anti-Violence Awareness Week
- October 12th, Parent-Teacher Conferences, School is closed for students
Click the button to access the handbook calendar. It's also available on the district's website under the Calendar heading.
Click the button to access the district's Code of Conduct