TE KURA O HUATOKI. WEEK 9 TERM 3 2019
SCHOOL GOAL: BEING INVOLVED
WHY: When you are involved your mind is busy, your body is busy – You have fulfilment!
SIGNS OF SUCCESS:
* You are involved in a sports team or drama group or lunchtime club – anything that is involvement
* You develop new friends, new skills and new learning
* You are kept busy and contribute in some way to the school, community or group
* You are enjoy life a lot more and feel fulfilled!
KIA ORA WHANAU, FROM MR O
Well done to our Gymsport team who competed in Waitara this week - some awesome results - see below. Thanks to all the parent support for this team as well - Tu meke!
We had a very successful disco last night. Big thanks to Harmony and the Home and School team for the organisation of this. There were some amazing hats and some fantastic dance moves - I am sure all the kids who came to the disco slept well last night! Thanks again to all our families for the support of the disco.
Thanks to all the kids who auditioned for the talent quest! We have some amazing and talented kids here at Vogeltown. We are doing the heats at present with the talent quest on Tuesday next week. It is going to be an amazing final - I would hate to be a judge!
We are still after some responses to our community consultation - especially around re-shaping our school values. If you have not already, then please clink on one of the links below - it will only take you 5 minutes max. we really appreciate your feedback here.
Cellphones at Vogeltown
GYMSPORTS - RESULTS
WELCOME TO VOGELTOWN
MEASLES IN TARANAKI
Taranaki has had several cases of people with measles. We don’t have an outbreak at the moment but more cases are likely because of the large outbreak in Auckland.
Now is a very good time to make sure everyone in your whanau has protection against measles. Children should be vaccinated on time at 15 months and four years of age.
If you don’t think you are immune to measles you need to make an appointment with your GP clinic for an MMR vaccination.
Please be patient if you can’t be vaccinated straight away. It is not possible to vaccinate everyone at once.
The risk of catching measles in Taranaki is still low.
Taranaki DHB has a new measles FAQs page which aims to answer questions you might have about measles.
Click the link below to view the FAQs, which can also be reached via the Taranaki DHB website home page. http://www.tdhb.org.nz/services/public_health/measles.shtml
The school office is in the process of making sure we have immunisation certificates on file for all students, so that in the event of a measles outbreak, we know which students are not immunised, as they may be required to stay away from school until the outbreak is contained. You may be contacted by the school office and asked to bring in proof of your child's immunisation. Thank you for your cooperation.
ENROLMENTS FOR 2020
OUT OF ZONE ENROLMENTS
We are aware that some parents did not have enough time to fill in the surveys or get to them on these nights.
We are still after as much community voice as we can, especially around the school values - we received some great feedback about the values in Term 1 and we have now broken this down in to two areas - Curriculum delivery and Vogeltown student dispositions. These surveys will close at the end of the last week of this term.
Please click on one of the links below for a link to either a google form or a survey monkey to complete the survey and provide feedback:
BLACK OUT DAY 2019 - GO THE ALL BLACKS!
Term 4 Summer Sports
Registrations for the following sports are now available:
- Superstar Cricket (Yr 0-4): We have space for 1 more player in our Kiwi Cricket team (yr 0-2) and 2 more spaces in our Incrediball team (Yr 3-4) . Played on a Friday evening at various grounds from 5.30pm. Please see Michelle at the Junior office asap if your child is interested.
- futureFERNS Netball (Yr 0-2): Registrations are now closed. Team lists have now been sent out. Please check your emails.
- Summer Soccer (Yr 0-6): Registrations are now closed. Team info will be sent out by email next week.
- Touch Rugby (Yr 0-6): Registrations are now closed. Team info will be emailed out next week.
- Summer Hockey (Yr 3-6): Registrations are now closed. Team lists have now been sent out. Please check your emails.
Other options for term 4 sports outside of school:
- SuperSmash Cricket (Yr5-6): Any year 5/6 children keen to play cricket will need to join with a club. NPOB Junior cricket registrations for Term 4 are now open and players wishing to register can click here to fill in the form on CricHQ. Details to join Woodleigh Cricket Club to be advised.
- Hockey (Yr0-2): Any players aged 4-6 yrs who are keen to try Hockey can join the Taranaki Hockey Funsticks programme by clicking here and registering directly with Taranaki Hockey.
Congratulations to the Vogeltown Heat Basketball team who have made it through to the section 3 final. Their final is being played on Monday 23 September against St Pius at 4pm at the TSB Stadium. GO THE HEAT!!!
VOGELTOWN SCHOOL CALENDAR 2019
TERM CALENDAR – Put all these dates in your diary or your phone!
Remember to check the school calendar on our website. We will put all updates on facebook &
the website. Link to school calendar: http://www.vogeltown.school.nz/calendar/
23 - 25 September - Talent Quest Heats
24 September - Senior Social dancing and Build a Business awards night
24 September - Talent Quest Final
25 September - Starting school the VS way evening (5.00 - 6.00pm)
27 September - Last day of Term 3
14 October - First day of Term 4 2019
15 October - Seniors Big Day out
17 October - National Shakedown drill 1.30pm
19 October (Saturday) - Working Bee at Vogeltown School
21 October - Scooter Skills (Juniors)
22 October - Highlands Intermediate Teachers meet with Senior teachers at VS
24 October - Ukelele Festival (TSB Stadium)
25 October - Four Year Old Friday
28 October - School Closed - LABOUR DAY
29 October - Vision and Hearing testing at VS
7 November - Highlands Orientation (For Year 6's in 2020)
15 November - Teacher only day
MAD HATTER DISCO 2019
HOME AND SCHOOL UPDATE
The Home & School Whanau update:
WOMAD tickets – Viv Standen
Parents prize – Dianne Foreman
Mums prize – Fenella Davis
Kids prize – Teresa Shaw
Bonus prize #1 – Pak ‘n Save basket – Jill Barkla
Bonus prize #2 – Pak ‘n Save basket – Felecia Shearer
Bonus prize #3 – Orangery Voucher – Neveah Lee
Bonus prize #4 – Vogeltown Pharmacy/Stumble Inn voucher – Nicola Hurcombe
Bonus prize #5 – New World basket & Stumble Inn voucher – Lee Newland
Massive thank you to all who bought and sold tickets, we are thrilled to advise that the raffle made $7000.00 for our school – brilliant effort everyone!!
Home & School Whanau
WE NEED YOU!
We have a number of areas around both school sites that we want to 'tidy up'. We will provide most of the gear - although an S.O.S may come out before the day for an extra wheelbarrow or shovel etc.
Contact Mr George at email@example.com
MR O'S FRIENDLY REMINDERS
2) If you have not done already, can you please fill in the community consultation survey. See the link above - surveymonkey and google form. We already have 120 replies!
Remember if you have any issues you wish to discuss, please come in and see me or contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the Vogeltown team,
Ka kite ano
Jeremy Ogle - Principal