Pirate Cove Connection
PES Media Center News - November 2016
Thank you for all our new books!
Congratulations to our Book Character Pumpkin Contest Winners
Our Numbers for October 2016
Number of Books Checked Out - 2,470
Number of E-books Viewed - 1337
Number of Classes - 90
Number of New Books Added - 34
Most Check-outs by a Student - Katira from Mrs. K. Worthington's class - 13
Class with the Most Check-outs - Mrs. Ledford's Class - 120
Most Check-outs by a Teacher - Ms. Bishop
Our Awsome SSYRA Readers
Livanna - 15
Nova - 15
Cameran - 14
Sophia - 14
Nicholas - 13
Brody - 8
Dylann - 10
Grace - 6
For more information and a list of books, visit the PES Media Center website.
MackinVia Ebooks for Thanksgiving
What will we be learning in media this month?
2. No Pirates Allowed Said Library Lou - Students will learn how to treat their books like pirate treasure.
3. The Gingerbread Girl Goes Animal Crackers and The Ninjabread Man - Students will compare Gingerbread stories and compare characters and endings. In addition they will tour the media center with help from the Library Gingerbread Man and learn about magazines, the library search catalog computers and the computer lab.
4. Florida Reading Association Book Award - 8 books read aloud to students in K-2. Students will evaluate the books and vote for their favorite in the spring.
5. Non-fiction Text Features - table of contents, glossary, index, maps, diagrams, labels, caption, photographs, bold words
6. Parts of a book - spine, author, illustrator, title page, bar code, cover, call number, book jacket, copyright, and publisher
Birthday Book Club
The Palencia Elementary School Media Center’s Birthday Book Club is a wonderful way to commemorate your child’s birthday. Your participation not only enriches the library collection but allows you and your child to be personally involved in its growth.
To take part in the Birthday Book Club donate one new undamaged hardback book. This book should be a book that your child enjoys and one that we don’t have in the media center already. You can choose a new book at the book store or a new book from the Book Fair. A quick check of our library catalog (Destiny) will tell you if we already have the book. If you would prefer, you may make a monetary donation of $15 and your child can choose from recently acquired books that are waiting to be put on the shelves. For more information, contact the media center.