The crunchy flat taco!
History and Background of Tostadas
Tostada is a Spanish word meaning "toasted". Tostadas are originally from Mexico. Tostadas were said to have been around some 2000 years ago. They are made from corn or flour tortillas that can be served baked, fried, or toasted. They are toasted because it gives the tortilla a longer shelf life.
The making of my tostadas!!!
First, you pour the oil into the pot and then you lay the tortilla in the pot.
Secondly, you let the tortilla brown for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
Finally, when it is done you take it out of the pan and let it dry on a plate.
preparation of tostadas
- pour the oil -- para el aceite
- fry the tortillas -- frito la tortillas
- mash your beans -- aplastar los frijoles
- cut your tomatoes -- cortar el tomato
- chop your lettuce -- picar la lechuga
- shred your cheese -- desgarrar el queso
- cook the meat -- cocinar la carne
- stir in the seasoning -- revolver el condimento
- add salt and pepper -- añadar los sal y pemiento
- build tostada -- construir tostada
Presentation by Grace Miller
Pre AP Español 3