Show Tunes and Modern
By: Haley Smith
- Seymore Felix changed dancing and created Broadway.
- New York did not have a significant theater presence until about 1750.
- popular in the 1880's-1930's
- evolved into many things including Broadway dance
- Famous dancers include: Adele, Fred Astaire, and Bob Fosse
- the first vaudeville dancers were merely a part of the show
- show tunes used for vaudeville are said to be originated from Librettist W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan
- the shows started in Europe and evolved in America after the Civil War
- Modern dance was born in America during the 20th century
- Loie Fuller, Isadora Duncan, Ruth St. Denis, and Ted Shawn are considered to be the pioneers of modern dance in America.
- Modern started during the end of the 1980's
- in 1998 Isadora Duncan held the modern dance recital
- famous dancers include: RUth Denis and Ted Shawn
Isadora Duncan is the picture below. She was a famous modern dancer.