March 25, 2013
iPad - Important Dates ....be sure to attend!
iPads will be rolled out to certified staff members when they attend one of five spring/summer training opportunities. All trainings will be held at Fishers High School. The dates are as follows:
May 31st – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm (last teacher work day)
June 4th – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
July 16th – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
August 12th – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm (first teacher work day)
August 13th – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm (second teacher work day)
*Certified staff that have already received an iPad from the district and/or textbook adoption will not receive another iPad but are expected to still attend one of the above sessions.
HSE 21 Train-the-Trainer (TtT)
Scheduled This Week:
- 3/25/13 - Snow Day
- 3/26/13 - Kinder PD Distirct - REACH T Meet 8AM - 3rd/4th RTI 8AM - K-12 - Kaminski admin 10AM - 1PM - PLP 4PM - PTO Exec 4:30PM
- 3/27/13 - Statewide Tornado Drill 10AM - 1st Grade Team Meeting 3:50PM
- 3/28/13 - NO MEETINGS
End of Year Party K-3 Schedule - 2013
Please note that ONLY the room parent and one designated helper or room parent assistant will be participating the event. Outdoor activities are welcome, however, you will need to communicate your location etc. and plan around one another. First come first served on outdoor "spots." Questions..contact dk.
More from Will Richardson and Why School?
"In my travels, I ask parents that all the time (What it is they want their children to "get" out of education). Not surprisingly, the first answer on their lips is not “I want them to be good test takers.” Nor is it “I want them to know a lot of stuff.” What I hear instead are things like: “I want them to love learning.” “I want them to be able to solve real problems.” “I want them to be independent thinkers.” Those, and many similar outcomes, are what I want for my kids, too. These things — and not the details of the Gupta Empire (referring to pointless facts our children must learn for ISTEP/Comps) — are what will truly make a difference in their lives. "
Check out this great ebook from TED Books. You can find this title, and the entire TED Books lineup, at ted.com/tedbooks.
Things to think about ...coming soon after Spring Break
- Assessment schedule...end of year time...get your dates in the calendar.
- 2013-2014 Schedule - Will be finalized by the end of the third week of April.
- 2013-2014 Teacher Assignments - Do you have a special request? If yes, let me know after spring break. P.S. Kussy HAS requested to loop up. Butz IS looping up.
- End of Year Class Assignment Creation - We will begin working on these team by team after the last day of end of year assessments. SPED and special cases will be already placed and not negotiable.