We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
April 8th, 2016
- This week we began our Writer's Workshop project on advertisements. We explored features of advertisements with partners using the advertisements we brought in from home. We also began generating ideas and selected an idea for our own advertisement. If you haven't done so already, please help your child think of a catchy slogan and return it by Monday. Thank you for being a part of our learning!
- We also read with our Pre-K reading buddies again. We love showing off our reading skills to our new friends.
- We celebrated spring with our Welcome Spring party. Thank you to the parents who came in to help us complete our spring craft and enjoy special treats!
- PLEASE NOTE: If your child brings a lunch or snack that requires a spoon or fork, please make sure you pack the required utensils in their bag. We have run out of extra utensils. Thank you!
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: one, two, three, four, and five. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: bears, big, cottage, middle-sized, porridge, and small.
- We continued learning about blends and we also learned the following letter and sound: Gg.
- In math, we began sorting objects.
- In science we continued our water unit. We observed and learned how water can climb up a paper towel.
Books we've read...
- One Little Mouse by Dori Chaconas
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears retold by Valeri Gorbachev
- The Cow That Laid an Egg by Andy Cutbill
STAR OF THE WEEK
Jordan was our star student this week. We learned that he loves to play sports and enjoys going to special places with his family (like vacation in Montauk). Great job, Jordan!
- WE WILL BE HAVING FIELD DAY ON THURSDAY, JUNE 16th. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND GET READY FOR A FUN-FILLED DAY!
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!