Over the Hump
by: Father Charlie
February 13, 2019
Some of you may have read writings by Kahlil Gibran over the years. In a chapter of sayings, I ran across one that caught my attention.
"Deliver me from him who does not tell the truth unless he stings, and from the man of good conduct and bad intentions; and from him who acquires self-esteem by finding fault in others."
Wisdom, it seems can come from many sources if we are open minded and teachable. No cupboard is more bare than a closed mind. For if the mind is closed, so usually is the heart.
Some have broken hearts and if the heart is closed there is no way to heal it and it can't love.
Happy Valentines' Day
Bless somebody today!
Please Join Us:
- Adult Sunday School 9am - 9:45am
- Mass Every Sunday—10:00 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School—Every Sunday at 9:45am
- Luncheon—1st Sunday each month after services
- Daughters of the King—3rd Sunday of each month—11:30am
- Vestry Meeting—2nd Sunday each month after services
- Office Hours—Monday through Friday — 9a.m. to 1p.m.
Priest in Charge
Fr. Charlie Keen (214) 725-5328
Kim Devrow—(972) 875-2423 Office
(214) 773-6544 Mobile