Eagle Eye E-News, December 15-19
Ebinport Elementary Faculty and Staff E-News
Ebinport's Vision Statement
THE WEEK IN REVIEW...
“Do You Want to Build a Snowman”
· Wear a white/off-white shirt (or make yourself look like a snowman) with your jeans.
- Marco and Rhonda come to classes for a Holiday read aloud. Please come to the office to enjoy hot chocolate and cookies during this time.
“Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People”
· Wear a brown shirt with your jeans and throw in some reindeer antlers for fun!
- Grade Level Meetings: Please have the article "Creating a Classroom where Readers Flourish" read for this meeting.
- 3:00 Faculty Gathering in the media center to celebrate Holiday "Presents", Holiday "Food"ture, and possibly a guest from Holiday past.
- 6:00 SIC Meeting
- 7:00 PTO Meeting
“Love is an Open Door”
· Wear a red shirt with your jeans.
- Birthday Table
- 8:00 Holiday Book Give Away begins
- 9:00-1:00 Students as Principal with Mrs. Kelsey
- 2:45 DESSA Meeting with Mrs. Pundt, Mrs. VanderMolen, and Mrs. Pezzello and Mrs. Holliday.
- 4:00 Yoga
“For the First Time in Forever”
· Let’s have a flashback to your favorite decade…that seems like forever ago! Wear an 80’s themed sweatshirt, pull out your favorite acid washed jean jacket from the early 90’s, or a super cool wide collar blouse from the 70’s to wear with your jeans! This will be like a “Throwback Thursday.”
- Read 2 Succeed State Department Meeting held at EPES. This meeting will be in the conference room all day.
- 8:00 Principal Network Meeting
- 2:00 Rhonda at Facility Services Meeting
“Let it Go!”
· You can wear anything you would like with your jeans! (within reason of course)
- F and P Summary Sheets due before leaving today
- Please complete the holiday shut down checklist prior to leaving today.
- Ebinport Food Pantry, sponsored by C180, workday!
- 2:45 Cookie Exchange
LET IT GO! A very "FROZEN" holiday week!
Re-scheduling Our Dr. Pew Visit
Although report cards do not go home until January 23rd (grades due January 16th by 1:00), teachers may enter information now. All teachers need to take note of the bullet points below.
- K-2 teachers continue using F1. Teachers DO NOT click the submit button (where you see green check). Enter F and P and Instructional Level.
- 3-5 teachers MUST change to Q2, enter F&P levels, and Instructional Level. Teachers WILL click the submit button (where you see green check).
- Students will take writing, English, reading, and math
- Administered in paper/pencil format only during spring 2015
- Timed tests (significant change for SC students)
- Writing - 1 item - 30 minutes
English - 32 items - 30 minutes Reading - 31 items - 60 minutes Math - 31 items - 55 minutes
- Testing Dates: April 28-30th, 2015
- Third grade will be the only grade level taking science on May 1
Science Kit Training
The schedule is as follows:
Jan. 8 4th Grade 8-11am
Jan. 8 5th Grade 12-3pm
Jan. 9 2nd Grade 8-11am
Jan. 9 3rd Grade 12-3pm
Jan. 12 5Kindergarten 8-11am
Jan. 12 1st Grade 12-3pm
We will arrange subs for these days.
Please join Chris Odom on January 22 at 3:00 on the media center for ExamView training. He will be teaching us how to navigate this software and how to use it to create common assessments.
Thank you to technology committee for initiating this training!
In addition, between now and Christmas the library is open from 3:00-6:00 on Monday and Wednesday- we have been invited to come and get a book for each child to give them for the holiday season.
The library is located at 419 East Main Street.
I will continue to explore options we may have to get more books into our classroom libraries where they are needed. If you have additional needs please let me know!
Beautification Committee Notes
BEAUTIFICATION & RECYCLING MEETING
Committee Members: Melanie Hornsby, Jane Parrish, Amy Baker, Leigh Clarke, Jimmie Matthews, Marti Matthews, Linda Todd, and Sandra Thompson
1. A memorial for Barbara Oertel - (This is a Brenda Keeling request.)
Plant a Windmill Palmetto Tree (near the Marsha Dozier Memorial Carolina Fence Garden) with a plaque in honor of Barbara’s work and dedication to our school. (Jane & Jimmy)
Up-date from Jimmy about the tree:
Tree in 7 gallon container = $75
Tree in 15 gallon container = $125
Group Consensus: We will plant the tree soon and have a ceremony honoring Barbara Oertel in the Spring (up-date from Jane)
2. Beautification Group - cleared out the small community room (room w/snack & soda machine) & emptied canned goods that had expired (from the food drive) so that cans can be recycled
3. School Grounds Clean-up Schedule to be presented for January:
Upper grade level students – 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders are to pick up litter from the school ground areas once a week (Jane & Sandra)
Minutes from December 9, 2014
-Completed MAPS and F&P data correlation.
-Looked at trends and found that there appears to be a correlation between MAPS data and F&P data with a few outliers.
Sunshine Committee Notes
Friday night (12/12) – Christmas party will be 6:30-8:30.
**Sunshine Committee members - please try to be there by 6:00 to help set up and plan to stay afterwards to clean up. J
Sunshine Committee gifts -
-Cafeteria – pecan pies
-Gene/Jimmy - $20(in a card)
-Sebastians - $40 Nishie G’s card
-Roger Brown - $25 Nishie G’s card
-Benny and Sadie - $15-Bojangle’s card & breakfast (coffee/muffin)
-Mr. William, Mr. & Mrs. Whitaker, Sadie – Nishie’s G dinner