June 3, 2019
- Gr. 3 Field Trip to Old Res
- Gr. 5 Field Trip to Nature's Classroom - followed by "Night Under the Stars"
Friday, June 7
- 6:30 End of Year Picnic
Wednesday, June 12
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
Thursday, June 13
- METCO Family Friends Day
Friday, June 14
- 5:30 Gr. 5 BBQ
Monday, June 17
- 9:00 Gr. 5 Moving On Ceremony
- Gr. 1 Day of Fun
Tuesday, June 18
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL - 12:15 Dismissal
In addition to the staffing changes listed in last week's Buzz, Kirsten Laicer will move from fifth grade to second grade next year. We are in the process of interviewing to fill openings in third grade and fifth grade.
End of Year Advice
I wanted to share some suggestions that I recently shared with teachers for finishing the school year strong - with some related advice for parents:
1. Stay Positive - Relationships Matter: Regression is normal for this time of year. Try not to take it personally. Call on the relationships you have worked so hard all year to establish. (Parents can help by staying positive and supporting the teacher's message.).
2. Keep the learning going and routines consistent: Our 182 days are precious. Let’s use the time we have. Students do better when routines remain the same. (Parents can help by keeping routines and bedtimes consistent at home.)
3. Mix it up and have some fun: This is a “both/and” with #2. Providing consistency does not mean we can’t have special events or mix it up. Field Day, field trips, special events and projects can help keep things fresh.
4. Take time to smell the roses: As busy as you may be, take time to step back and notice your successes this year and the growth your students have made. And help your students do the same. (Parents can help children notice the growth they have made and reflect on the positives from this school year.).
Let's "finish strong" together!
It's June 18. Do You Know Where Your Parent Portal Log-in Is?
And you'll want the log-in again in mid-August when class assignments will be posted.