The Outstanding Owl
News about the great things at R.C. Burleson Elementary!
Welcome to the Outstanding Owl!!
It's back! It's been a while since we've been able to publish the owl. There were many outstanding occurrences that took place on our wonderful campus in the past month or so.. Please enjoy!
Remember, this newsletter is utilized to highlight various activities and accomplishments that occur on campus. If you want to feature anyone or anything that deserves Kudos at our school, please email me with a picture and/or description. We are doing great things, lets share our great work!
R.C. Burleson's Vision
Spring Math and Reading Night at R.C. Burleson
Mr. Cordero served as the official translator for the night.
Mr. Beltran is ready for his dice game.
Ms. Pagan and Ms. Stewart are engaging scholars in activity.
Ms. Castleberry awaits her first contestant.
The first and second grade team are challenging our students.
Mr. Striker and Ms. Bridges enjoying the activities.
KUDOS CORNER - (This corner comes from members of the staff that want to give a shout out to an Outstanding Owl.)
- Kudos to Ms. Lewis and Ms. Alexander for their leadership and organization for a successful STAAR testing week. A special shout out goes to all that assisted to make this possible.
- Kudos to all the STAAR test administrators and monitors, you all did a fantastic job actively monitoring and ensuring a conducive test environment.
- Kudos to Ms. Woods, Ms. Meek, Ms. Aguilar, and Ms. Marshall for dedicating part of your Spring Break to conduct the Spring Break Camp for our 4th and 5th grade students.
- Kudos to Ms. Ware for finding a community partner to donate food for the students during the Spring Break camp.
- Kudos to Mr. Jackson for organizing and planning a successful Career Day.
- Kudos to the Sunshine Committee for planning and executing the Minute to Win It Spring Fling. (Look forward to pictures in the next edition of the OO.)
Please do not forget to text @RCBstaff to 81010 to receive staff updates.