BHS Tiger News
STATE FB CHAMPS! Week of November 28, 2021
Belleville High School - Home of the D1 State Football Champions!
Greetings, BHS Families, we hope everyone enjoyed some level of relaxation following the Thanksgiving Holiday and are ready to get back to the business of learning. But first, we'd like to start with great news:
MHSAA Division 1 Champs!
CONGRATULATIONS to the Varsity Football Team, who triumphed over Rochester Adams Saturday at Ford Field for a Championship Win! The final score was 55-33 in our favor. This is Belleville’s very first State Championship win, and we are so very proud of Coach Crowell and the team for their hard work, perseverance, and focus. Go Tigers!!
STUDENTS OF THE MONTH - October 2021
As we continue developing the BHS Vision of Purpose, Excellence, and ACHIEVEMENT, we would like to recognize students who are exemplifying these characteristics. Students were nominated by their teachers for excellence in any of the following categories:
Significant Progress in the Classroom
Marked Improvement in Grades
Notable Consideration Towards Others
CONGRATULATIONS TO (Please note that most students were nominated for MULTIPLE categories!):
Student Name - Nominated By - Grade
- Jaz Marae Anderson-Ellerson - Petersmark - 11th Grade
- Liam Baxter - Simon - 9th Grade
- Nicholas Cetnarowski - Parker - 12th Grade
- Evangeline Colarossi - Ghanem - 10th Grade
- Nasir Dais - Ghanem - 10th Grade
- Joseph Dornbos - Pesina - 9th Grade
- Olivia Farrygia - P. Slingerland - 12th Grade
- Matthew Gallagher - Howard - 9th Grade
- Ella Garland - Pesina - 9th Grade
- Allissa Harmon - Simon - 10th Grade
- Jaylah Hollins - Ghanem - 9th Grade
- Davontay Hubbs - Epperson - 11th Grade
- Mario Johnson - Trumpour - 12th Grade
- Sierra Johnson - Clarke - 9th Grade
- Alexander Landskroener - Ghanem - 10th Grade
- Breanna McCluskey - Musser - 12th Grade
- Molly Parsons - Hickman - 9th Grade
- Dagan Perdue - Testorelli - 12th Grade
- William Phillips - Watkins - 10th Grade
- Madison Phillips - Linzell - 11th Grade
- Naja Prince - P. SLingerland - 12th Grade
- Jasiah Rawls - Garland - 9th Grade
- Kennedy Real - Hanaka- 9th Grade
- Camdyn Rodriguez - Carlin - 11th Grade
- Zethnee Romero-Williams - Rybicki - 10th Grade
- Matthew Roth - Ferry - 9th Grade
- Marissa Russell - Said - 11th Grade
- Caliyah Slayton - P. Slingerland - 12th Grade
- Ariana Smith - Bushaw - 10th Grade
- Summer Stratton - Cross - 9th Grade
- Alvin Stuart - Davenport - 12th Grade
- Kenyon Taylor - Tedaldi - 11th Grade
- Grace Thorn - Simon - 9th Grade
Great job, BHS - We are so very proud of you ALL!
This is Week #14 of Semester 1; a full week of school. Please be sure that students are getting enough rest so that they are prepared for learning bright and early tomorrow!
Important Dates and Upcoming Events:
Nov 29th - Students Return to School - Full Week of Learning
Dec 4th : JROTC Competitions
Dec 7th: Testing out of a Class? Register with your counselor before the 7th.
UPDATE: Dec 7th: Concert Band Concert - 7:30pm
Dec 9th: Freshman & Symphony Band Concert - 7:30pm
Dec 14th: Jazz Band Concert - 7:30pm
Dec 17th: Last Day of School, students return on January 3, 2022
Have a great week everyone, and GO TIGERS!
~ Principal Crockett, AP Mrs. Green, AP Mr. Roberson, AP Mr. Wright, BNT Director Mr. Wilsey, and AD Mr. Brodie
Students are continuing to work in Xello.
Xello is an engaging online program that helps students build the skills, knowledge and plans to be future ready. The program uses an investigative, discovery-based learning process. Students better understand themselves, their future career options, and the 21st century skills they’ll need to succeed.
All students have access to Xello. We will continue to schedule time to work with all students in their post secondary planning.
In addition to Xello, students can use the tools listed below to continue exploring careers.
Career Exploration Resources:
Our local scholarships page has been updated. Please take a look at the new scholarships that have been added. Counselors and the college advisor are available to assist with applications and essays.